Need a command line FTP program that supports passive

I need to create a batch file that will connect to an ftp nightly and
download some files but the ftp.exe included with windows does not support
passive mode. Is there a free command line ftp program out there that
supports passive mode and would let me accomplish this goal?

Jim

"D Smith" <D Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to create a batch file that will connect to an ftp nightly and
> download some files but the ftp.exe included with windows does not support
> passive mode. Is there a free command line ftp program out there that
> supports passive mode and would let me accomplish this goal?
Interestingly enough, the ftp program on my system does support passive ftp.
There are some settings needed, but I don't remember them.
Jim

Im talking about ftp.exe the command line ftp program thats included with
windows. Lots of GUI FTP programs work with passive but not ftp.exe

> Im talking about ftp.exe the command line ftp program thats included with
> windows. Lots of GUI FTP programs work with passive but not ftp.exe
I see. Explorer can set passive ftp. It is irritating that the program
which must do the copy can't use passive ftp.
Jim

On 2005-08-19, Jim <j.n@nospam.com> wrote:

> "D Smith" <D Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Im talking about ftp.exe the command line ftp program thats included with
>> windows. Lots of GUI FTP programs work with passive but not ftp.exe
> I see. Explorer can set passive ftp. It is irritating that the program
> which must do the copy can't use passive ftp.
> Jim

NCFTP.....from www.ncftp.org. You need to set the preferences to
use passive specifically, else it installs as blank for auto(?).

I thought it was going to work and wrote a batch file but it just stops
executing the batch file after the program is run. After looking into it I
found this in their FAQ

"8. My macros from NcFTP 2 or NcFTP 1 do not work with NcFTP version 3!

A. We removed that feature as it was unnecessary bloat which 99% of the
users were not using. Besides, you should use the command-line utility
programs if you need to do any kind of automation. "