Warrenty Upgrade

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm interested in extending my laptop warranty. What time frame do I have
before its too late? Customer service wasn't much help. I had a hard time
understanding her and she probably had a hard time understanding me.

Thanks
Bob

"Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote:

>I'm interested in extending my laptop warranty. What time frame do I have
>before its too late? Customer service wasn't much help. I had a hard time
>understanding her and she probably had a hard time understanding me.

I believe warranties can only be extended within 1 year after purchase,
regardless of how long your original warranty was.

Check here.

http://support.gateway.com/support/warrantyconfig/warranty.asp

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This link doesn't have my model number (M 320)
You did though answer my question. I have one year to decide on a extended
warranty.

Thanks
Bob

"Jeff S" <jeffs210@NOSPAMsio.midco.net> wrote in message
> "Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>I'm interested in extending my laptop warranty. What time frame do I have
>>before its too late? Customer service wasn't much help. I had a hard time
>>understanding her and she probably had a hard time understanding me.
>

> I believe warranties can only be extended within 1 year after purchase,
> regardless of how long your original warranty was.
>
> Check here.
>
> http://support.gateway.com/support/warrantyconfig/warranty.asp

I would in any case demand to know in writing who will honor your
warranty should Gateway cease business operations within the warranty
timeframe.

On 12 Feb 2005 15:55:49 -0800, calcerise@hotmail.com wrote:

>I would in any case demand to know in writing who will honor your
>warranty should Gateway cease business operations within the warranty
>timeframe.

I wasn't under the impression that they actually had the fore-with-all
to even deal with their warranties now beyond some third world clown
reading canned messages off a computer screen. The whole thing is in
the hands of some third world country now except sales where they take
you orders which they want to sound American and make you think
someone actually cares and lives just around the corner.... which
seems to still work now and then.