jeff

After installing Service pack 2 on several IBM latptops, we are seeing a
very strange issue. . .when a user logs off, they get the "this computer
will shutdown" message and the machine shuts down in 30 seconds. . .this
looks like Blaster, etc worm activity;however, the machines are clean and
are running SP2.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

kelly

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I have seen this before and only for logoff. This was solved by
running this combo:

Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

Good luck and keep us posted! :eek:)

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)