print out of all registered files types

Is there a way to get a list of all registered file typesand there program
association.
If you go under folders and then the File Type tab it will show you all the
extensions and programs there associated program.
I have a program that hijacks some extensions as its own and I want to go
back and associate the extensions with the proper program
3 answers Last reply
More about print registered files types

    The program Quick Association on the "PC Magazine" web site may help.

    "kirk" <kirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to get a list of all registered file typesand there program
    > association.
    > If you go under folders and then the File Type tab it will show you all
    > the
    > extensions and programs there associated program.
    > I have a program that hijacks some extensions as its own and I want to go
    > back and associate the extensions with the proper program

    ??
    Do you mean WinAssociate ? Never heard of "Quick Associate". WinAssociate
    functions well, but PC Magazine utilities now are payable

    "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    u0aREBQpFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > The program Quick Association on the "PC Magazine" web site may help.
    >
    > "kirk" <kirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to get a list of all registered file typesand there
    >> program
    >> association.
    >> If you go under folders and then the File Type tab it will show you all
    >> the
    >> extensions and programs there associated program.
    >> I have a program that hijacks some extensions as its own and I want to go
    >> back and associate the extensions with the proper program

    type ftype in a command prompt. This probably won't help you. There is more to this subject than associations.

    "kirk" <kirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D401486D-1E43-418D-9A0A-979744E4948B@microsoft.com...
    > Is there a way to get a list of all registered file typesand there program
    > association.
    > If you go under folders and then the File Type tab it will show you all the
    > extensions and programs thereType associated program.
    > I have a program that hijacks some extensions as its own and I want to go
    > back and associate the extensions with the proper program

Microsoft Extension File Type Windows XP