I went to a web site and it said I didn't have the Java pugins for the
IE 6. in order to browse the site.
Is this something that needs to be added on and will it be safe to use
while surfing through the web?
I try to be very careful so as not to get infected. It happened to me
once before and I had to have a complete clean install which meant re-
installing all my programs.
Thank you.

MS no longer includes Java with Windows- you will need to
download it from Sun- www.java.com

<blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
:I went to a web site and it said I didn't have the Java
pugins for the
: IE 6. in order to browse the site.
: Is this something that needs to be added on and will it be
safe to use
: while surfing through the web?
: I try to be very careful so as not to get infected. It
happened to me
: once before and I had to have a complete clean install
which meant re-
: installing all my programs.
: Thank you.

Java is still available from microsoft,1st go to msn.com/search,type:Microsoft
Java Virtual Machine,in results locate the download from a 3rd party (it'll
have
x86 on it),after its installed,go to windows update,update catalog,locate
windows server 2003-web edition,locate the MJVM update,its for xp.

"blarney@optonline.net" wrote:

> I went to a web site and it said I didn't have the Java pugins for the
> IE 6. in order to browse the site.
> Is this something that needs to be added on and will it be safe to use
> while surfing through the web?
> I try to be very careful so as not to get infected. It happened to me
> once before and I had to have a complete clean install which meant re-
> installing all my programs.
> Thank you.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<blarney@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I went to a web site and it said I didn't have the Java pugins for the
> IE 6. in order to browse the site.
> Is this something that needs to be added on and will it be safe to use
> while surfing through the web?
> I try to be very careful so as not to get infected. It happened to me
> once before and I had to have a complete clean install which meant re-
> installing all my programs.
> Thank you.

This page will install and then verify Sun Java install...

<http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp>