I plug in digital camera, hear the plug & play sound but no window appears
so I can download pics, any ideas?

Ian

From: "Ian Moreland" <ian.moreland@btinternet.com>

| I plug in digital camera, hear the plug & play sound but no window appears
| so I can download pics, any ideas?
|
| Ian

The *best* way to access pictures from a digital camera does not involve connecting the
camera to the PC. The best way is to use a USB Memory Card Reader. This way you remove the
memory card from the camera and insert it into the card reader and access the pictures on a
drive such as "E:". Since the camera is not connected to the PC, it also saves battery
power as most need to be turned-on to communicate to the PC.

I suggest SanDisk memory card readers and they are inexpensive.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Have you tried opening My Computer or Windows explorer to see if the
removable drive is visible? If the (camera) drive is visible then click on
it to open up the folder and cut or copy rom there and paste into the folder
you want.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..