Netbook: Asus EEE PC 1005HE/PE or Acer Aspire One 532H

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuliddar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
I will be getting a netbook on Friday and I would like to have people's (users) opinions on these two models:

Asus EEE PC 1005HE/PE or Acer Aspire One 532H

The Asus 1005PE and the Acer 532H both user the new Atom N450 chip while the Asus 1005HE uses the N280 chip.

I've tried both and both feel fine so I'm at a point of realiability. Specs are the same but price is 80-100$ less for the Acer but I know that Asus is know for the portable reliability.

Thoughts?

Thx

kuliddar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Thank you.

It's really more of a backup than anything. It won't be my main computer and it's more for email and internet with the occasional word processing. It will also be used as a main if I travel which is not often. Hence the 10 incher is fine with me though thank you for the suggestion of the 12 inch. I actually saw an 11 incher as well.

I would love to have xp on it and it is available but it seems that I can only get the 160gb version on xp and I would like to get the 250gb version in case I do start putting a lot of stuff on there (just thinking ahead).

My father actually got the 1005HE and I got the chance to try it last night. It has windows 7 starters on it but it seems ok. I would use firefox or chrome anyways on something like this so it uses less memory. :)

well keep in mind that these things are limited to 2GB of memory in most models. windows 7 has a much larger foot print then xp. Ultimately it is your choice. but I would take xp and a 160GB HD over win7 and a 250GB HD any day.

This is the model I own.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220504

plays back standard def video fine, ( I use it to watch movies while on the treadmill) and it's pretty rugged as I just throw it in my gym bag. It works well enough with just the 1GB of memory so I haven't bothered to upgrade. I left most of the preloaded stuff on there and it boots up using only 205MB of memory. Also has a nice non glossy screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.