Rocking 8400 Base

ricardo

I bought a Dimension 8400 back in August and I didn't take much notice
at the time but the case doesn't sit flat on the desk. The front of the
case wobbles about 3 millimeters from sise to side. I didn't take much
notice at the time and just stuck a drink coaster under the front of the
case to stop it rocking. Over the last couple of days I thought this is
ridculous and phoned Dell and told them about the problem. They said if
I had of told them about it when I first got the machine they would have
sent out a new one. Now all they are willing to do is send a tech out to
see if he can fix it, which is fine by me if he can. But if he can't can
I still demand a replacement unit, after all the machine is warranted
for 12 months. Anyone else had the same problem with the rocking of the
case? What do people think about the replacement if they can't fix it.
Any feedback appreciated.
ricardo

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message
>I bought a Dimension 8400 back in August and I didn't take much notice at
>the time but the case doesn't sit flat on the desk. The front of the case
>wobbles about 3 millimeters from sise to side. I didn't take much notice at
>the time and just stuck a drink coaster under the front of the case to stop
>it rocking. Over the last couple of days I thought this is ridculous and
>phoned Dell and told them about the problem. They said if I had of told
>them about it when I first got the machine they would have sent out a new
>one. Now all they are willing to do is send a tech out to see if he can fix
>it, which is fine by me if he can. But if he can't can I still demand a
>replacement unit, after all the machine is warranted for 12 months. Anyone
>else had the same problem with the rocking of the case? What do people
>think about the replacement if they can't fix it.
> Any feedback appreciated.
> ricardo

Hi,

Well as you said the machine is still under warranty, the case therefore is
included. The case and/or the feet are defective, if the engineer can't fix
the problem then Dell by rights should offer a replacement. If they don't
then seek legal consumer advice.

Rob

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

It wil be fixable theres nothing in/on the case that cant be fixed its
probably just not fastened properly/ case top not seated properly etc