I can't access a networked 'Program Files'

I have 4 machines on my home network.
I am the administrator and sole user of all machines.

But I can't copy/paste a program or file from one Programs directory to the
Programs directory on another machine.
All machines have file sharing turned on for all drives, documents, my
documents etc.

Pretty sure all machines are set to 'simple file sharing'.

Please and thank you.

By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have
to remember it.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
2 answers Last reply
More about access networked program files

    Is the box in Sharing and Security labeled "Allow network users to change my
    files" of the drive or folder to which you're trying to write checked?

    --

    Cheers,
    Tinkerer

    "FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
    I have 4 machines on my home network.
    I am the administrator and sole user of all machines.

    But I can't copy/paste a program or file from one Programs directory to the
    Programs directory on another machine.
    All machines have file sharing turned on for all drives, documents, my
    documents etc.

    Pretty sure all machines are set to 'simple file sharing'.

    Please and thank you.

    By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have
    to remember it.

    Bill H. in Chicagoland

    "FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
    >I have 4 machines on my home network.
    > I am the administrator and sole user of all machines.
    >
    > But I can't copy/paste a program or file from one Programs directory to
    > the
    > Programs directory on another machine.
    > All machines have file sharing turned on for all drives, documents, my
    > documents etc.
    >
    > Pretty sure all machines are set to 'simple file sharing'.

    See below.

    > Please and thank you.

    > By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only
    > have to remember it.
    >
    > Bill H. in Chicagoland

    Not simple to explain.
    May I suggest you give a look here: