I can't access a networked 'Program Files'

August 19, 2005 7:21:08 PM

I have 4 machines on my home network.
I am the administrator and sole user of all machines.

But I can't copy/paste a program or file from one Programs directory to the
Programs directory on another machine.
All machines have file sharing turned on for all drives, documents, my
documents etc.

Pretty sure all machines are set to 'simple file sharing'.

Please and thank you.

By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have
to remember it.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
August 19, 2005 8:39:56 PM

Is the box in Sharing and Security labeled "Allow network users to change my
files" of the drive or folder to which you're trying to write checked?

--

Cheers,
Tinkerer

"FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
news:o KT1IuPpFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
I have 4 machines on my home network.
I am the administrator and sole user of all machines.

But I can't copy/paste a program or file from one Programs directory to the
Programs directory on another machine.
All machines have file sharing turned on for all drives, documents, my
documents etc.

Pretty sure all machines are set to 'simple file sharing'.

Please and thank you.

By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have
to remember it.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:17:28 PM

"FireBrick" <w9ol.nospam@comcast.com> wrote in message
news:o KT1IuPpFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have 4 machines on my home network.
> I am the administrator and sole user of all machines.
>
> But I can't copy/paste a program or file from one Programs directory to
> the
> Programs directory on another machine.
> All machines have file sharing turned on for all drives, documents, my
> documents etc.
>
> Pretty sure all machines are set to 'simple file sharing'.

See below.

> Please and thank you.

> By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only
> have to remember it.
>
> Bill H. in Chicagoland

Not simple to explain.
May I suggest you give a look here: