'Transfer' files by USB Data Link/Network Adapter

Hi:
I installed a driver/USB File Transfer on two computers and connected the
cable into its USB ports.

However, there is NO instruction on 'how to transfer,' then I am NOT able
to accomplish my task, ' to transfer files from older computer to a new
one.'

I would be VERY grateful if you could instruct me 'how to transfer' between
two computers which is identical features manufactured by hp.

Thanks for your help in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about transfer files data link network adapter

    I can only 'assume' (which I know is very dangerous) that you can access the
    computers from one another.
    You have file sharing enabled and the files/folders you want to transfer.
    To move/copy files/folders, you just drag and drop as though the HDDs were
    in the same machine.
    If you can't see the shared drive on each machine, (generally that would be
    in My Network Places on the desktop), post back here with more information.
    --
    A Professional Amatuer...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    "maligold" <like@starpower.net> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > I installed a driver/USB File Transfer on two computers and connected the
    > cable into its USB ports.
    > However, there is NO instruction on 'how to transfer,' then I am NOT able
    > to accomplish my task, ' to transfer files from older computer to a new
    > one'.
    > I would be VERY grateful if you could instruct me 'how to transfer'
    > between
    > two computers which is identical features manufactured by hp.
    > Thanks for your help in advance.

    "maligold" <like@starpower.net> wrote:

    >Hi:
    >I installed a driver/USB File Transfer on two computers and connected the
    >cable into its USB ports.
    >
    >However, there is NO instruction on 'how to transfer,' then I am NOT able
    >to accomplish my task, ' to transfer files from older computer to a new
    >one.'
    >
    >I would be VERY grateful if you could instruct me 'how to transfer' between
    >two computers which is identical features manufactured by hp.
    >
    >Thanks for your help in advance.

    Try using the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard which comes with
    Windows XP.

    1. Run it on the new computer (it is in the Accessories - System
    Tools menu) to create a wizard disk for use on the old computer.
    2. Run it on the old computer from the wizard disk to accumulate and
    save the files. Create a new folder named \Transfer for this purpose.
    I prefer to do this on the old computer's hard drive but you could do
    it on the new computer's drive if the two machines are networked and
    the new computer's drive is configured for sharing.
    3. When it has finished running on the old computer, run it again on
    the new computer to import the saved data from the \Transfer folder
    you created in step 2.

    For more detailed information on using F.A.S.T.W. see the article by
    MVP Gary Woodruff at http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --