Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Long vertical line in text field

Last response: in Windows 7
October 30, 2012 11:53:05 PM

I have a long vertical line (about 4 times the length of the text cursor and about 3/8" to the right of the text cursor) in fields that I would normally enter text. I have tried all of the control panel settings that I think would affect the cursor like themes and mouse pointer settings. This is my wife's computer and she told me that it started doing that a few weeks ago. I am not aware of any new programs except the usual Windows updates and anti-virus updates.
a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2012 8:01:34 AM

Is it also visible on other like when u see picture or movies, etc.... ?
m
l
November 1, 2012 11:51:30 AM

rdc85 said:
Is it also visible on other like when u see picture or movies, etc.... ?

No, just seems to be in text fields. On web pages it is on all of the text, for instance if I am looking at a weather forecast I don't get it on the picture of the cloud/rain, but if I move the cursor onto the text that shows the temperture I do get it. When I bring up any app that wants me to type in anything like a search box or word proc. I get it next to the text cursor.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 2, 2012 1:04:16 AM

Hmm strange, the only advise i can give is runs virus/malware scan....
and updating the video/gpu driver....
November 2, 2012 11:23:28 AM

Scans for viruses and malware haven't found anything. I believe that I will try to rollback the video driver. I do seem to recall an update to it awhile back, but since I hardly ever use that computer, I have no idea if that's when the problem started. I'll let you know if that changes anything.
m
l
November 7, 2012 3:57:24 PM

I removed dual boot and Win8 Preview, but no change. If I come up in Safe mode then I don't have the problem. Of course the video driver is not active in safe mode. I will have to find an old driver and install it and see what it does.
m
l
November 13, 2012 11:17:50 PM

Best answer selected by bsanders99.
m
l
!