Long vertical line in text field

bsanders99

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
I have a long vertical line (about 4 times the length of the text cursor and about 3/8" to the right of the text cursor) in fields that I would normally enter text. I have tried all of the control panel settings that I think would affect the cursor like themes and mouse pointer settings. This is my wife's computer and she told me that it started doing that a few weeks ago. I am not aware of any new programs except the usual Windows updates and anti-virus updates.

bsanders99

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

No, just seems to be in text fields. On web pages it is on all of the text, for instance if I am looking at a weather forecast I don't get it on the picture of the cloud/rain, but if I move the cursor onto the text that shows the temperture I do get it. When I bring up any app that wants me to type in anything like a search box or word proc. I get it next to the text cursor.

bsanders99

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Scans for viruses and malware haven't found anything. I believe that I will try to rollback the video driver. I do seem to recall an update to it awhile back, but since I hardly ever use that computer, I have no idea if that's when the problem started. I'll let you know if that changes anything.

bsanders99

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
I removed dual boot and Win8 Preview, but no change. If I come up in Safe mode then I don't have the problem. Of course the video driver is not active in safe mode. I will have to find an old driver and install it and see what it does.