How Do I uninstall Directx9
8 answers Last reply
More about uninstall directx9

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

    courtney sends....

    "Jeffrey Hoschak" <aweless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:u8oVzHSpFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > How Do I uninstall Directx9

    If I install an older version say 8.1 for Win 98 or 2000 (i couldn't find
    one for xp) will it harm my system??
    "Jeffrey Hoschak" <aweless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > How Do I uninstall Directx9

    "Jeffrey Hoschak" <aweless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > How Do I uninstall Directx9

    I don't think you can.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Jeffrey Hoschak wrote:
    > How Do I uninstall Directx9

    By formatting the hard drive and reinstalling the OS. Why?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Jeffrey Hoschak wrote:
    > If I install an older version say 8.1 for Win 98 or 2000 (i couldn't find
    > one for xp) will it harm my system??

    You very probably would not be able to install an older version over a
    newer version of DirectX. But, if you should manage to find a way to
    force the issue, than yes, you're quite likely to render your OS
    unusable. Why would you want to attempt such a thing?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    DirectX Happy Uninstall

    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "Jeffrey Hoschak" wrote:

    > How Do I uninstall Directx9

    "Jeffrey Hoschak" <aweless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
    > How Do I uninstall Directx9

    Hi Jeffrey - AT YOUR OWN RISK!

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/DirectX-Eradicator.shtml

    DirectX Eradicator description Download
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/DirectX-Eradicator-Download-2588.html

    "DirectX Eradicator is designed to safely remove the DirectX runtime core
    component from Windows operating systems.

    It gives you the power to install and uninstall any version of DirectX as
    you wish.

    Here are some key features of "DirectX Eradicator":

    - Full uninstall support for DirectX 2.0 to 9.0c
    - Complete removal of all DirectX files and folders
    - Full Registry cleanup; CD rollback option
    - WinXP Support"

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here: