Dell Service

Dell has the worst service of all computer companies. No way I could
understand the accents from these people in India.
Wasted over 40 hours on hold. Received a replacement unit on Jan 21st for a
Christmas present. Try to explain this
to your children. BUY DELL AT YOU ON RISK.
Joe Dawson

Joe Dawson wrote:

> Dell has the worst service of all computer companies. No way I could
> understand the accents from these people in India.
> Wasted over 40 hours on hold. Received a replacement unit on Jan 21st for a
> Christmas present. Try to explain this
> to your children. BUY DELL AT YOU ON RISK.

And you came to your "worst" conclusion, how?

Have you owned all other brands?

Notan

JSN

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005

PC companies have gotten worse over the years in this area. Their focus
tends to be on business ("enterprise") customers. It has been Dell's
strategy to get as many corporate accounts as they can, and with IBM
exiting the PC business, they're accelerating that strategy to grab
IBM's old customers - before H-P or the Chinese get them. The
unfortunate result is that if you're a big corporate customer, you'll
get to speak to a real American. All others get routed to India.

Jd

the indians are fine, folks. not your fault, not my fault, not dells
fault. the powers that be and world economics dictate this. i've called
dells india based tech support three times over the past year and it's
always gone well. not that this is everyone's experience, but i don't
think the phone support is an out and out disaster as many would have
you believe. could it be better? sure. but is it good enough for most?
sure. and no one gives a real damn. kinda the way the country is going
right now.

jsn wrote:

> PC companies have gotten worse over the years in this area. Their focus
> tends to be on business ("enterprise") customers. It has been Dell's
> strategy to get as many corporate accounts as they can, and with IBM
> exiting the PC business, they're accelerating that strategy to grab
> IBM's old customers - before H-P or the Chinese get them. The
> unfortunate result is that if you're a big corporate customer, you'll
> get to speak to a real American. All others get routed to India.

Only partially correct...

After having purchased my last two Dells through their Small Business
Division, along with Gold Tech Support, any calls I've made have been
immediately routed to the Texas (Round Rock, I think) office.

Notan

Something I am real curious about. The people who buy their Dell computers
through QVC, apparently do not deal with any foreigners, or so I am lead to
believe from what both QVC and Dell say when they have Dell specials on
there. It's almost like they have a direct line to either QVC or Dell
Technical Service. I almost wonder if they treat the QVC customers like
they were business clients and not residential.

Ron

"Joe Dawson" <dawsonj@airmail.net> wrote in message
> Dell has the worst service of all computer companies. No way I could
> understand the accents from these people in India.
> Wasted over 40 hours on hold. Received a replacement unit on Jan 21st for
> Christmas present. Try to explain this
> to your children. BUY DELL AT YOU ON RISK.
> Joe Dawson

Pelle

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"Joe Dawson" <dawsonj@airmail.net> skrev i meddelandet
> Dell has the worst service of all computer companies. No way I could
> understand the accents from these people in India.
> Wasted over 40 hours on hold. Received a replacement unit on Jan 21st for
> Christmas present. Try to explain this
> to your children. BUY DELL AT YOU ON RISK.
> Joe Dawson

Just a report from Sweden here :))

Here Dells service is exellent there are nothing like it on the market.

Just pay that extra money for "next day on site service" and u will have
3-4 wonderful years with ur dell even if u broke it.

But well here its not outsourced to india LOL

Pelle

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Unfortunately for you, Dell's India tech support has stolen your shift key
so that you are now unable to type any CAPITAL LETTERS (like at the
beginning of sentences). Be afraid, be very afraid.

jd wrote:

> the indians are fine, folks. not your fault, not my fault, not dells
> fault. the powers that be and world economics dictate this. i've called
> dells india based tech support three times over the past year and it's
> always gone well. not that this is everyone's experience, but i don't
> think the phone support is an out and out disaster as many would have
> you believe. could it be better? sure. but is it good enough for most?
> sure. and no one gives a real damn. kinda the way the country is going
> right now.

Jd

Mikey wrote:
> Unfortunately for you, Dell's India tech support has stolen your
shift key
> so that you are now unable to type any CAPITAL LETTERS (like at the
> beginning of sentences). Be afraid, be very afraid.

you mean that's what the shift key is for? and all this time i thought
it would throw my comp into a different gear!

Really fine ROFLMAO!!

"Mikey" <not_here@not_there_either.nope> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Unfortunately for you, Dell's India tech support has stolen your shift key
> so that you are now unable to type any CAPITAL LETTERS (like at the
> beginning of sentences). Be afraid, be very afraid.
>
> jd wrote:
>
>> the indians are fine, folks. not your fault, not my fault, not dells
>> fault. the powers that be and world economics dictate this. i've called
>> dells india based tech support three times over the past year and it's
>> always gone well. not that this is everyone's experience, but i don't
>> think the phone support is an out and out disaster as many would have
>> you believe. could it be better? sure. but is it good enough for most?
>> sure. and no one gives a real damn. kinda the way the country is going
>> right now.

german service has been outsorced to hungary- they as well stole my SHIFT
key.
ROFLMAO