cd and cd burner not recognized

When I go to add hardware they are both listed with a yellow exclamation mark
beside the,....try to add the, and I get this message.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Can anyone help please?
2 answers Last reply
More about burner recognized

    Shirley,

    You may need to manually update the drivers for the CDRoms. First check the
    manufacture's website for the latest drivers for XP and install it to your PC.

    Michael

    "Mike Chung" <MikeChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Shirley,
    >
    > You may need to manually update the drivers for the CDRoms. First check
    > the
    > manufacture's website for the latest drivers for XP and install it to your
    > PC.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > "Shirley" wrote:
    >
    >> When I go to add hardware they are both listed with a yellow exclamation
    >> mark
    >> beside the,....try to add the, and I get this message.
    >>
    >> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may
    >> be
    >> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
    >>
    >> Can anyone help please?

    See if this applies to you..

Hardware Burner CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP