cd and cd burner not recognized

August 19, 2005 9:59:32 PM

When I go to add hardware they are both listed with a yellow exclamation mark
beside the,....try to add the, and I get this message.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Can anyone help please?

More about : burner recognized

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:09:03 PM

Shirley,

You may need to manually update the drivers for the CDRoms. First check the
manufacture's website for the latest drivers for XP and install it to your PC.

Michael

"Shirley" wrote:

> When I go to add hardware they are both listed with a yellow exclamation mark
> beside the,....try to add the, and I get this message.
>
> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>
> Can anyone help please?
August 20, 2005 2:53:55 PM

"Mike Chung" <MikeChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Shirley,
>
> You may need to manually update the drivers for the CDRoms. First check
> the
> manufacture's website for the latest drivers for XP and install it to your
> PC.
>
> Michael
>
> "Shirley" wrote:
>
>> When I go to add hardware they are both listed with a yellow exclamation
>> mark
>> beside the,....try to add the, and I get this message.
>>
>> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may
>> be
>> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
>>
>> Can anyone help please?

See if this applies to you..