Status
Not open for further replies.

jxa512

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
HELLO,I HOOKED UP A CD PLAYER TO MY RECEIVER AND NO AUDIO IS PRODUCED. I CHANGED THE RCA JACKS WITH NEW ONES AND STILL THE SAME RESULTS. I USED MY HEADPHONES ON THE RECEIVER AND GOT NO AUDIO. I PUT THE HEADPHONES IN THE CD AND COULD HEAR MUSIC. SO THE CD PLAYER IS WORKING. THE UNIT HAS'NT. BEEN USED FOR A YEAR BUT, IT WORKED PRIOR TO THAT. WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE? HELP!!!
JOHN

G

Which input sockets did you use ? The normal ones to use for CD to a receiver are CD (naturally) or if none, AUX or TAPE IN.

jxa512

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

The cd is switched to analog out and put into the analog in of the receiver. I don't understand why no audio is coming out of the receiver

G

I'm assuming these are RCA/phono type sockets. Turn the volume low on the receiver, take a spare cable and plug that in, repeat raising volume until you can hear a buzz from the speakers -- that's the simplest way to test the input. If that works, try connecting the CD player to another receiver or amp and check that the player is working normally.

jxa512

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I connected the cd player to another receiver and it worked. so, definitely something is wrong with my receiver. Now to find out why i don't get any audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.