Floppy not shown

August 19, 2005 10:13:02 PM

Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has any
suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer". Has a yellow
exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have tried uninstalling it
and upon rebooting the pc would see and the light goes on momentarily it but
i get a message saying " wondows can not load the device driver for this
hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). In the CMOS it is
listed correctly and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened and what
the solution might be? Your input is appreciated!

More about : floppy shown

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:20:02 PM

What type of floppy drive is it? USB? Try visiting the manufacturer for
updated drivers. Have you try a different USB device to confirm that your
USB port is good?

"Chris" wrote:

> Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has any
> suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer". Has a yellow
> exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have tried uninstalling it
> and upon rebooting the pc would see and the light goes on momentarily it but
> i get a message saying " wondows can not load the device driver for this
> hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). In the CMOS it is
> listed correctly and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened and what
> the solution might be? Your input is appreciated!
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:24:01 PM

This is a quote for Error 39 (from
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window... )
Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file
that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry
point in another binary file that could not be loaded.

Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall
or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the
troubleshooting wizard.

I had a problem with my floppy being recognized recently - and rather than
spend the time troubleshooting it, I bought a USB floppy on the web for about
$25. No more problem!

"Chris" wrote:

> Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has any
> suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer". Has a yellow
> exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have tried uninstalling it
> and upon rebooting the pc would see and the light goes on momentarily it but
> i get a message saying " wondows can not load the device driver for this
> hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). In the CMOS it is
> listed correctly and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened and what
> the solution might be? Your input is appreciated!
August 20, 2005 1:47:10 AM

> Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has
> any suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer".
> Has a yellow exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have
> tried uninstalling it and upon rebooting the pc would see and the
> light goes on momentarily it but i get a message saying " wondows can
> not load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing (code 39). In the CMOS it is listed correctly
> and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened and what the
> solution might be? Your input is appreciated!

Have you tried putting another floppy drive?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Hi Chris,

Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the
following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
{4D36E980-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Programs/Administrative Tools/Services/In the right pane set"Shell Hardware
Detection" service to manual startup. Set it to automatic.

Or ....

Go to Start/Run/services.msc

Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services. In the right pane find
Shell Hardware Detection and set it to Automatic.

The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing in My Computer Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812489

Floppy Disk is Not Accessible, Not Formatted, or Not Recognized by Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;140060

Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q310126

Troubleshooting Device Manager Issues in Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_dm.htm

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

> Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has any
> suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer". Has a
> yellow
> exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have tried uninstalling it
> and upon rebooting the pc would see and the light goes on momentarily it
> but
> i get a message saying " wondows can not load the device driver for this
> hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). In the CMOS it
> is
> listed correctly and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened and
> what
> the solution might be? Your input is appreciated!
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:09:49 AM

'The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing From the My Computer Folder'
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;812489

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Chris wrote:

> Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has any
> suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer". Has a yellow
> exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have tried uninstalling it
> and upon rebooting the pc would see and the light goes on momentarily it but
> i get a message saying " wondows can not load the device driver for this
> hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). In the CMOS it is
> listed correctly and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened and what
> the solution might be? Your input is appreciated!
August 21, 2005 8:26:01 PM

S. Sengupta, thanks for the link. That solved my problem and got the floppy
drive back. Thanks again!

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> 'The Floppy Disk Drive Is Missing From the My Computer Folder'
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;812489
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Chris wrote:
>
> > Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has any
> > suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer". Has a yellow
> > exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have tried uninstalling it
> > and upon rebooting the pc would see and the light goes on momentarily it but
> > i get a message saying " wondows can not load the device driver for this
> > hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). In the CMOS it is
> > listed correctly and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened and what
> > the solution might be? Your input is appreciated!

August 22, 2005 3:10:11 PM

Chris wrote:
> *Hello. I posted this a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has
> any
> suggestion. The floppy drive does not show in the "my computer". Has
> a yellow
> exclamation mark on it in the device manager. I have tried
> uninstalling it
> and upon rebooting the pc would see and the light goes on momentarily
> it but
> i get a message saying " wondows can not load the device driver for
> this
> hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). In the
> CMOS it is
> listed correctly and not disabled. Any idea what could have happened
> and what
> the solution might be? Your input is appreciated! *
Code 39
Hi this is what it means
The driver is missing or corrupted, or is in conflict with another
driver. Look for an updated driver ot reinstall the current driver. If
the driver worked previously, use System Restore to roll back to a
working configuration.

Also check ribbon is firmly pushed into the back of the Adrive.

--
thedon57