Carly out

Announced just now on CNBC, Carly is out. Who wants this job?

Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
> Announced just now on CNBC, Carly is out. Who wants this job?

Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement. All you need to run a major
corporation is a pretty face, a good story, lots of cross-marketing
agreements with today's hot teeny-bopper stars, and good stage presence.
Integrity, business sence, common sense, and a concern for other people
are all so nineties. It's a game, seeing how many millions you can stuff
into your own pocket before destroying the company. The board just needs
to find somebody as ruthless and utterly devoid of morality as Carly, and
they'll have a new CEO in no time.

P.S. Does this mean we won't see "tattoos" for the new HP iPod Photo
that will be out in a few months??

"David Kinsell" <kinsell@poboxyz.com> wrote in message
> Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
>> Announced just now on CNBC, Carly is out. Who wants this job?
>

> Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement. All you need to run a major
> corporation is a pretty face, a good story, lots of cross-marketing
> agreements with today's hot teeny-bopper stars, and good stage presence.
> Integrity, business sence, common sense, and a concern for other people
> are all so nineties. It's a game, seeing how many millions you can stuff
> into your own pocket before destroying the company. The board just needs
> to find somebody as ruthless and utterly devoid of morality as Carly, and
> they'll have a new CEO in no time.
>

> P.S. Does this mean we won't see "tattoos" for the new HP iPod Photo
> that will be out in a few months??

I think the writing was on the wall when Michael Capellas stepped out. All
he wanted to do was sell Compaq and he found a buyer. Now neither of these
tech giants are in the game. Typical.

And Capellas is due for another huge payday for unloading MCI in yet another
merger. Gee, aren't mergers good for CEO's bank accounts? The CEO's who
orchestrate these mergers create value. Value, my ass. (Also look at the
obscene money Kilts will get from selling Gilette to P&G.)

I wonder now whether the HP board will reconsider spinning off the highly
profitable printer group after allowing Carly to reorganize the printers and
computers together recently. All the shuffling of deck chairs done by Carly
seems not to have helped one iota. Carly is no loss. Still no clear direction
or strategy for HP's long-term viability. Maybe founders Hewlett and Packard
will emerge as zombies from the grave to fix the whole mess.

.... Ben Myers

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:55:37 GMT, "Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress"
<dholtzNOSPAM@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>"David Kinsell" <kinsell@poboxyz.com> wrote in message
>> Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
>>> Announced just now on CNBC, Carly is out. Who wants this job?
>>

>> Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement. All you need to run a major
>> corporation is a pretty face, a good story, lots of cross-marketing
>> agreements with today's hot teeny-bopper stars, and good stage presence.
>> Integrity, business sence, common sense, and a concern for other people
>> are all so nineties. It's a game, seeing how many millions you can stuff
>> into your own pocket before destroying the company. The board just needs
>> to find somebody as ruthless and utterly devoid of morality as Carly, and
>> they'll have a new CEO in no time.
>>

>> P.S. Does this mean we won't see "tattoos" for the new HP iPod Photo
>> that will be out in a few months??
>
>I think the writing was on the wall when Michael Capellas stepped out. All
>he wanted to do was sell Compaq and he found a buyer. Now neither of these
>tech giants are in the game. Typical.

Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
> "David Kinsell" <kinsell@poboxyz.com> wrote in message
>
>>Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress wrote:
>>
>>>Announced just now on CNBC, Carly is out. Who wants this job?
>>

>>Shouldn't be hard to find a replacement. All you need to run a major
>>corporation is a pretty face, a good story, lots of cross-marketing
>>agreements with today's hot teeny-bopper stars, and good stage presence.
>>Integrity, business sence, common sense, and a concern for other people
>>are all so nineties. It's a game, seeing how many millions you can stuff
>>into your own pocket before destroying the company. The board just needs
>>to find somebody as ruthless and utterly devoid of morality as Carly, and
>>they'll have a new CEO in no time.
>>

>>P.S. Does this mean we won't see "tattoos" for the new HP iPod Photo
>> that will be out in a few months??
>

> I think the writing was on the wall when Michael Capellas stepped out. All
> he wanted to do was sell Compaq and he found a buyer. Now neither of these
> tech giants are in the game. Typical.

Saw one analyst who said today that Capellas is actually a front-runner for
Carly's job. Personally, I think Livermore has the inside track. She's
the one quoted in that amazing Fortune article, claiming she knew no one "who
has anything to say against the merger". Apparently the management team at
HP doesn't get out much. Maybe someone should introduce her to Walter.

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) writes:

> And Capellas is due for another huge payday for unloading MCI in yet another
> merger.

It might not happen, with MCI's illegal spamhosting business attracting
a lot of unwanted attention.

TRENDING THREADS