AoA & Hi,

things u should know b4
1. i am running windows xp on C:\ & should be I or J but "\" for
Linux 8 Red Hat.
2. i am used to window OS but as far as Linux is concerned i am
newbee...
3. System is intel 1.7Ghz at 512 MB RAM (256MB +256MB)

here it goes

one of my 256 MB RAM was not working so i got repaired 2 months ago it
was working fine until now !!

since yesterday i started a system reboot problem after some time (~
about 20 min ) and this happened in windows XP (ie system crashed all
unsaved data was lost )

But in linux Red Hat 8, i noted an intresting thing !!!wow
after same time (ie 20 min) an error occured but system didn't crashed
instead just desktop refreshed. nothing happened to my working
program...again after 20 min same thing (user loged off).... and 3rd
time it hanged (i needed to reset).

what was that ???
was that a sign of more reliable OS or ???

tc

AAAMMMMIIIIIRRRRRR.

Aamir wrote:
> AoA & Hi,
>
> things u should know b4
> 1. i am running windows xp on C:\ & should be I or J but "\" for
> Linux 8 Red Hat.
> 2. i am used to window OS but as far as Linux is concerned i am
> newbee...
> 3. System is intel 1.7Ghz at 512 MB RAM (256MB +256MB)
>
> here it goes
>
> one of my 256 MB RAM was not working so i got repaired 2 months ago it
> was working fine until now !!
>
> since yesterday i started a system reboot problem after some time (~
> about 20 min ) and this happened in windows XP (ie system crashed all
> unsaved data was lost )
>
> But in linux Red Hat 8, i noted an intresting thing !!!wow
> after same time (ie 20 min) an error occured but system didn't crashed
> instead just desktop refreshed. nothing happened to my working
> program...again after 20 min same thing (user loged off).... and 3rd
> time it hanged (i needed to reset).
>
> what was that ???
> was that a sign of more reliable OS or ???
>
> tc
>
> AAAMMMMIIIIIRRRRRR.

Annoying...

If you base your OS choice by how it handles your defective hardware, you
are putting your effort into the wrong problem. =)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Malke

Shenan Stanley wrote:

> Aamir wrote:
>> AoA & Hi,
>>
>> things u should know b4

(snip OP's drivel)

> Annoying...
>
> If you base your OS choice by how it handles your defective hardware,
> you are putting your effort into the wrong problem. =)

Great answer, Shenan. To Aamir: man troll. If you don't know what that
means, then: man man.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 20 August 2005 06:36 am, Malke had this
to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>
>> Aamir wrote:
>>> AoA & Hi,
>>>
>>> things u should know b4
>
> (snip OP's drivel)
>
>> Annoying...
>>
>> If you base your OS choice by how it handles your defective hardware,
>> you are putting your effort into the wrong problem. =)
>>

> Great answer, Shenan. To Aamir: man troll. If you don't know what that
> means, then: man man.
>
> Malke

How about: man milkingthewintards

NAME
milkingthewintards - being a Linux user and knowing that Windoze is a
toy operating system that is very unstable and full of inherent
insecurities requiring constant "computer support" services like I offer.

SYNOPSIS
milkingthewintards [OPTION]...

DESCRIPTION
Any experienced Linux user is aware of the benefits one gets running
a REAL operating system compared to the toy o/s MickeyMouse sells. But
because of the inherent instability in the toy o/s, some experienced Linux
users would rather milk the Wintards by offering "computer support" rather
than turning them on to a real solution. That way we Linux users can
continue to operate OUR computers the best way possible while making money
supporting those computer users who know no better. To insure that this
moneymaking scheme continues, we continue to spread FUD against Linux, in
an effort to keep others using Windoze. When the truth comes out, we attack
the messengers as being trolls.

-E, --elephantboy
set website to reflect the nature of a toy operating system .

-$, --dollars
I want more of your dollars supporting Windoze while I use
Linux myself .

SEE ALSO
FUD, fleecing, microshaft, sillywebsite, Malke

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.