Sign in with
Your question

Looking for an good 24" monitor around 250ish

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 30, 2010 4:30:35 AM

i'm getting a new custom built computer next Thursday with these parts...

Asus M4A77d board
XFX Radeon 5770 1gb card
AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE Heka 2.8ghz
GSkill Ripjaw 4gb 1600 stick (will upgrade to 8gb in time)
Western Digital 640g 7200rpm Sata 3.0
Rosewill Challenger case
585 watt psu

i'm looking to upgrade from my square 17" sammy monitor i bought for 320 a few years back when widescreen wasn't the in thing just yet for computer monitors. Price range is in the 200-300 range. preferrably in the middle or so. I like the glass panels and not the matte finish. Also excellent black levels is something i love and accurate color and whites. I found the Acer G245H 24" so far that seems to be good. I know there is a Rose Sammy 24" i saw on newegg for a bit more with 2ms but not sure if it has the matte finish or not. I love watching movies and if i see black bars i want to see true black no light bleeding or anything weird. if anyone has some recommendations please let me know.
This is my first true computer i've hand picked the parts for. the first one was a single core from 5 years ago. had a budget for 1g and met that with this build. now time to find a monitor.

More about : good monitor 250ish

April 30, 2010 4:38:26 AM

i'm also planning on playing some games. the monitor can't be more than 24" wide or higher than 17" also should have both hdmi and dvi.
!