New 8400 Blue Screening

westech

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2005

Received 3 new Dell 8400's. 3.2 MHZ, 1 gig Ram, Windows Home.
All had Mcafee preloaded even though I didn't order or want it. Removed
Mcafee on 2 and left it on 1. Installed Norton 2005 virus on the 2 that
had McAfee. Never updated Mcafee on the other.

All have blue screened on me twice. Haven't had the time to analyze anything
yet but anyone else have trouble with brand new systems blue screening?

Thanks!
AJ

Westech wrote:
> Received 3 new Dell 8400's. 3.2 MHZ, 1 gig Ram, Windows Home.
> All had Mcafee preloaded even though I didn't order or want it.
> Removed Mcafee on 2 and left it on 1. Installed Norton 2005 virus on
> the 2 that had McAfee. Never updated Mcafee on the other.
>
> All have blue screened on me twice. Haven't had the time to analyze
> anything yet but anyone else have trouble with brand new systems blue
> screening?
> Thanks!
> AJ

There is very little that can be done unless you post the details of the
error messages.

Did you send the error message to Microsoft? My 8600 blue screened twice
(different reasons) and the replies from Microsoft were relevant and
helpful.

Brian