Windows XP Home Edition Instability

August 20, 2005 3:51:19 AM

When using Windows XP Home Edition on my computer , it works for a while :
then the mouse pointer freezes and the system restarts.
Windows reports that the driver device S3 GRAPHICS Inc.PROSAVAGE is causing
the instability and should be updated from the manufacturers web site.
I not sure how to proceed at this point.

What essential details do I need to know to download the correct version ?
I cannot find this file when using search.

Any suggestions please.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 3:51:20 AM

"FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Windows XP Home Edition on my computer , it works for a while :
> then the mouse pointer freezes and the system restarts.
> Windows reports that the driver device S3 GRAPHICS Inc.PROSAVAGE is
> causing
> the instability and should be updated from the manufacturers web site.
> I not sure how to proceed at this point.
>
> What essential details do I need to know to download the correct version ?
> I cannot find this file when using search.
>
> Any suggestions please.

You need to get the latest drivers for your graphics chip/card. You do not
mention what make/model computer you have, but you need to go to their
webpage, click on support, and go to downloads for your exact make and
model. Download the latest graphics drivers.

Bobby
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:42:03 AM

Thanks Bobby

The computer is a tsunami computer - I have tried their web site but cannot
find any support link

--
FLYNNE

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When using Windows XP Home Edition on my computer , it works for a while :
> > then the mouse pointer freezes and the system restarts.
> > Windows reports that the driver device S3 GRAPHICS Inc.PROSAVAGE is
> > causing
> > the instability and should be updated from the manufacturers web site.
> > I not sure how to proceed at this point.
> >
> > What essential details do I need to know to download the correct version ?
> > I cannot find this file when using search.
> >
> > Any suggestions please.
> >

> You need to get the latest drivers for your graphics chip/card. You do not
> mention what make/model computer you have, but you need to go to their
> webpage, click on support, and go to downloads for your exact make and
> model. Download the latest graphics drivers.
>
> Bobby

August 20, 2005 5:39:42 PM

FLYNNE <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Bobby
>
>The computer is a tsunami computer - I have tried their web site but cannot
>find any support link

Go to
http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-S3_Graphics_P...
to download the driver.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
August 20, 2005 11:31:45 PM

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en home edition

Install and run, it will help identify sys components.

> Thanks Bobby
>
> The computer is a tsunami computer - I have tried their web site but
cannot
> find any support link
>

> --
> FLYNNE
>

> "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
>

> > "FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When using Windows XP Home Edition on my computer , it works for a
while :
> > > then the mouse pointer freezes and the system restarts.
> > > Windows reports that the driver device S3 GRAPHICS Inc.PROSAVAGE is
> > > causing
> > > the instability and should be updated from the manufacturers web site.
> > > I not sure how to proceed at this point.
> > >
> > > What essential details do I need to know to download the correct
version ?
> > > I cannot find this file when using search.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions please.
> > >

> > You need to get the latest drivers for your graphics chip/card. You do
not
> > mention what make/model computer you have, but you need to go to their
> > webpage, click on support, and go to downloads for your exact make and
> > model. Download the latest graphics drivers.
> >
> > Bobby

August 21, 2005 1:38:05 AM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:51:19 -0700, FLYNNE
<FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Windows reports that the driver device S3 GRAPHICS Inc.PROSAVAGE is causing
>the instability and should be updated from the manufacturers web site.

Goto:

http://www.radarsync.com/Computer_Drivers/Graphic_Card/...

Regards,
Ed
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 10:23:05 AM

Thanks Ed - a very useful source for the drivers I require.

Regards
--
FLYNNE

"Ed" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:51:19 -0700, FLYNNE
> <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Windows reports that the driver device S3 GRAPHICS Inc.PROSAVAGE is causing
> >the instability and should be updated from the manufacturers web site.
>
> Goto:
>
> http://www.radarsync.com/Computer_Drivers/Graphic_Card/...
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 10:25:03 AM

Hi DL

Thanks for the tip - I shall let you know how I get on.

Regards
--
FLYNNE

"DL" wrote:

> http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en home edition
>
> Install and run, it will help identify sys components.
>
> "FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Bobby
> >
> > The computer is a tsunami computer - I have tried their web site but
> cannot
> > find any support link
> >

> > --
> > FLYNNE
> >

> > "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
> >

> > > "FLYNNE" <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> while :

> version ?

> > > You need to get the latest drivers for your graphics chip/card. You do
> not
> > > mention what make/model computer you have, but you need to go to their
> > > webpage, click on support, and go to downloads for your exact make and
> > > model. Download the latest graphics drivers.
> > >
> > > Bobby

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 10:29:01 AM

Hi Ron

Thanks for the web site.

However I am a little uncertain as to what to do.

The S3 Prosavage files appear to apply to Modems - mine is a display adapter.

Can you advie me ?

Regards
--
FLYNNE

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> FLYNNE <FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Bobby
> >
> >The computer is a tsunami computer - I have tried their web site but cannot
> >find any support link
>
> Go to
> http://drivers.soft32.com/driver/download-S3_Graphics_P...
> to download the driver.
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

August 24, 2005 10:07:06 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:23:05 -0700, FLYNNE
<FLYNNE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Ed - a very useful source for the drivers I require.

Glad I was able to offer some help.....

Good luck with the problem.....

Ed
!