Lost Operating system disc

I need to reinstall Windows xp home on my son's dim. 8200. However,
he lost the operating system disc from Dell. I have a windows xp home
disc from my dim. 4550 - can i use it to reinstall windows on the
other machine? will there be any "issues", like authentication, etc?
Thanks.

ken

As long as they are both Dell machines you should have no problems.

"Ken G" <cagey91NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to reinstall Windows xp home on my son's dim. 8200. However,
> he lost the operating system disc from Dell. I have a windows xp home
> disc from my dim. 4550 - can i use it to reinstall windows on the
> other machine? will there be any "issues", like authentication, etc?
> Thanks.
>
> ken

The Dell XP Home "restore CD" installs just fine on non-Dell computers, too.
It's the Certificate of Authentication product code on the XP Home sticker that
counts. You will likely have to re-install the various chipset drivers after
the XP Home install is completed. I don't think that the Intel 850 chipset
drivers and other 8200 chipset drivers are on the XP Home CD... Ben Myers