wireless network problems

Old GW p2 233 (to cel 466) with a clean install of win98se fitted with
a Netgear wireless USB adapter (MA111). The host computer is wired to a
Comcast cable modem and I recently upgraded this OS from 98se to WinXP
home w/o problems. This is connected to a Netgear MA814 v2 router. The
GW will see the router signal, but not share the broadband connection.
It did work briefly before another reformat of the GW C: drive(though I
don't think it connected with the host comp off). I've mucked with the
setting to no avail. Dropped firewalls, etc. I posted this on a
wireless ng as well. Cheers

Ben, I'll supply the beer if you come here and answer those
questions..or at least wait til I get home ....;-). So many
questions.....

Do the channel and SSID used by the MA111 match those in use by the wifi router?
Does the router assign IP addresses as a DHCP server? Does the TCP/IP stack for
the MA111 expect to have an assigned IP address? When you run WINIPCFG, what
does it show for the MA111??? ... Ben Myers

On 8 Feb 2005 10:51:40 -0800, "zZero" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote:

>Old GW p2 233 (to cel 466) with a clean install of win98se fitted with
>a Netgear wireless USB adapter (MA111). The host computer is wired to a
>Comcast cable modem and I recently upgraded this OS from 98se to WinXP
>home w/o problems. This is connected to a Netgear MA814 v2 router. The
>GW will see the router signal, but not share the broadband connection.
>It did work briefly before another reformat of the GW C: drive(though I
>don't think it connected with the host comp off). I've mucked with the
>setting to no avail. Dropped firewalls, etc. I posted this on a
>wireless ng as well. Cheers

Where is "here"? I can't get there from here... Ben