ClAy

I used the information on your web page to change my downloads from two to
ten at the same time. I didn't think of the fact that I am on dial-up (no
dsl here) and now it has caused my computer to be at a snails pace when
downloading if there is more than one thing (like photos) on a page as it
does them all at the same time.Is there a way I can reverse this back to
default without having to reinstall win xp? I know I shouldn't have done
that with dial-up, but I did so now I am deep stuff to put it mildly. Any
help will be greatly appreciated.

"clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
>I used the information on your web page to change my downloads from two to
>ten at the same time. I didn't think of the fact that I am on dial-up (no
>dsl here) and now it has caused my computer to be at a snails pace when
>downloading if there is more than one thing (like photos) on a page as it
>does them all at the same time.Is there a way I can reverse this back to
>default without having to reinstall win xp? I know I shouldn't have done
>that with dial-up, but I did so now I am deep stuff to put it mildly. Any
>help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit the registry,

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

Delete "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server" and "MaxConnectionsPerServer", located
in the right-hand pane.

Backup the keys before deleting these keys by highlighting "Internet
Settings" and right-click to select export. Export the reg file to a folder.
If you need to restore the backup, simply double click the reg file.

--
William

You shouldn't have done it at all. You blocked 4 other people from using that web site or forced the owner to buy a license for 5 times the size they need. Edit the file by right clicking it and chooing Edit and change 10 back to 2 for ver 1.1 and 10 back to 4 for ver1.

I'm glad to see selfish behaviour rewarded like this.

"clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message news:OCpMO2VpFHA.2504@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I used the information on your web page to change my downloads from two to
> ten at the same time. I didn't think of the fact that I am on dial-up (no
> dsl here) and now it has caused my computer to be at a snails pace when
> downloading if there is more than one thing (like photos) on a page as it
> does them all at the same time.Is there a way I can reverse this back to
> default without having to reinstall win xp? I know I shouldn't have done
> that with dial-up, but I did so now I am deep stuff to put it mildly. Any
> help will be greatly appreciated.

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 20 August 2005 01:08 am, "David Candy"
<.> had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> You shouldn't have done it at all. You blocked 4 other people from using
> that web site or forced the owner to buy a license for 5 times the size
> they need.

In case you didn't know, but 70% of the websites on the Net run on
Linux/Apache. There's a good probability that the websites the OP has been
visiting don't require the owner to purchase any additional licenses to run
their web server.

And no, 4 other people haven't been blocked from the website. Most websites
can handle far more concurrent connections than they are likely to ever use
up.

> I'm glad to see selfish behaviour rewarded like this.

Sigh.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 20 August 2005 11:09 pm, clay had this to
say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I don't believe this was addressed to you. Thanks for nothing.

Then take your discussions to email. This is a newsgroup you Wintard.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.

kelly

Hi Clay,

Run the undo on line 55 (right hand side):

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"clay" <clayc@mis.net> wrote in message
>I used the information on your web page to change my downloads from two to
>ten at the same time. I didn't think of the fact that I am on dial-up (no
>dsl here) and now it has caused my computer to be at a snails pace when
>downloading if there is more than one thing (like photos) on a page as it
>does them all at the same time.Is there a way I can reverse this back to
>default without having to reinstall win xp? I know I shouldn't have done
>that with dial-up, but I did so now I am deep stuff to put it mildly. Any
>help will be greatly appreciated.

kelly

Most welcome and you didn't. I added it for you. <w>

--

> Thanks Kelly I must have overlooked the undo part.

kelly

Most welcome, Clay. <w>