Newspaper article on Arizona Bruce

Well, I'd have to assume that he doesn't acknowledge stern's 'product'
an actual pinball machine. Tomy made a few that play as well, though.
:)

Bruce

The reporter did mis-quote a couple of things... Had I have seen it
first I would have had him correct them... Its important to understand,
he recieved a 2 hour crash course regarding our hobby and the state of
pinball... It's bound to happen... I have to give him credit, the idea
to do the story was his. I feel any postive publicity our hobby
recieves is a benefit to all...

By the way an old operator in Phoenix with 6 NIB MM's who saw the
article call me and wants to know if I'd be interested in them at $1200
each...

Arizona Bruce

Bruce

There were a few inaccuracies reported, had I have seen the story first
I would have had them corrected... Still I have to give the reporter
credit since the idea was his... Its important to understand though...
he recieved a 2 hour crash course regarding the state of pinball and is
not an avid collector/RGP'er like the rest of us... I feel any positive
publicity our hobby recieves is a good thingand was flattered to give
the interview...

By the way... an ole' operator from Phoenix who saw the story called
and wants to know how much I can give him for 3 NIB MM's and an NIB CC
;-)

Arizona Bruce

On 2005-07-08 10:50:39 -0700, "Ceegary" <ceegary@cox.net> said:

> Now it's Bruce's turn for press coverage..
> http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=44259
>
> GRY

Wow. They don't make pinball machines anymore? I didn't know Stern went
out of business?

" He said this is an excellent way to keep the machines up to date
since companies stopped producing new ones. He said pinball is
disappearing completely because arcades and businesses can't profit
from them as they did in the past.

"It's like a piece of mechanical Americana is gone," Artman said. "

I assume this must be dramatic license taken by the author of the article.
--

Pins - M*M - M*B - L*O*T*R - A*F*M - R*F*M - S*T*T*N*G - R*F

Vids - D*nkey K*ong

Past Pins - H*S#1 - T*Z - H*S #2 - C*C - S*C

"Kevin L'Heureux" wrote:
<snip>
> I assume this must be dramatic license taken by the author of the article.

Probably. We had a story done about our shop in a local paper a few years
back and yes- the author (reporter) does tend to "fill in the blanks" with a
few things- there were some similar quirks in our story when it finally made
it to press- which I would have caught/corrected had they let us proof-read
it...

Ah, the press...

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Absolutely, if you want to know how accurate the press is just sit for an
interview and then see what actually gets printed. While I didn't get to
preview the pinball article on me recently, the journalist was diligent
enough to check some facts before publication. However, during the interview
I kept trying to talk about the hobby and she wanted to know $$, how much
did I buy it for, how much could/did I sell it for, etc etc.

I spoke to Bruce and not only did he not see the proof, he didn't even know
the article came out today until he got phone calls referring to it.

GRY

"Ray Johnson - Action Pinball" <staff@actionpinball.com> wrote in message
> "Kevin L'Heureux" wrote:
> <snip>
>> I assume this must be dramatic license taken by the author of the
>> article.
>
> Probably. We had a story done about our shop in a local paper a few years
> back and yes- the author (reporter) does tend to "fill in the blanks" with
> few things- there were some similar quirks in our story when it finally
> made
> it to press- which I would have caught/corrected had they let us
> proof-read
> it...
>
> Ah, the press...
>
> Ray J.
> --
> Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
> Salt Lake City, Utah USA
> Web: www.actionpinball.com
>
> We're serious about pinball. Anything else is just for fun!

Yeah, I know how it goes. I am a member of the "media" though in
television production, and i see how things that I shoot get edited
once they leave your hands.

I just thought it was typical bad reporting. Other than that it was a
good article and i'm glad to see a good guy getting some well deserved
press.