Closed

Numeric ip address

August 20, 2005 9:41:56 AM

what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?

More about : numeric address

August 20, 2005 11:20:18 AM

In news:f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com,
v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> had this to say:

> what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?

Pinging microsoft.com [207.46.130.108] with 32 bytes of data:

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 11:32:52 AM

In article <f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com>, v4t9hy3d8
<h23@nowhere.org> wrote:
>what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?

Microsoft has many IP addresses on many different servers. As part of
Microsoft's defense against Internet-based attacks, those IP addresses
don't respond to pings.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
August 20, 2005 11:56:48 AM

i tried but it timed out

lost all 4 packets (32 bytes)

help

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:20:18 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In news:f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com,
>v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> had this to say:

>> what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
>
>Pinging microsoft.com [207.46.130.108] with 32 bytes of data:
>
>Galen
August 20, 2005 2:55:23 PM

In news:D 3aeg11usenc7lqrci1e8e201k377ngh40@4ax.com,
v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> had this to say:

> i tried but it timed out
>
> lost all 4 packets (32 bytes)
>

> help
>

> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:20:18 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In news:f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com,
>> v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> had this to say:

>>> what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
>>
>> Pinging microsoft.com [207.46.130.108] with 32 bytes of data:
>>
>> Galen

As would my IP address should you ping it. That doesn't mean it's not there,
just that (as Steve mentioned) it's configured properly.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 9:08:58 AM

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 20 August 2005 06:32 am, Steve Winograd
[MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> In article <f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com>, v4t9hy3d8
> <h23@nowhere.org> wrote:
>>what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
>
> Microsoft has many IP addresses on many different servers. As part of
> Microsoft's defense against Internet-based attacks, those IP addresses
> don't respond to pings.

They might not respond to pings, but when I ping microsoft.com, I get
this ...

$ ping microsoft.com
$ PING microsoft.com (207.46.130.108) 56(84) bytes of data.

This tells me that microsoft.com's ip address is 207.46.130.108

Don't know how Windoze ping works, but assume it must do the same thing.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

Gee, it's interesting that www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings.
Therefore, I have NO WAY of getting this information, do I?

Initiating server query ...

Looking up IP address for domain: www.microsoft.com

The IP address for the domain is: 207.46.19.30

Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80

[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.

The server returned the following response headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Connection: close

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:28:27 GMT

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

P3P: CP="ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR
SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI"

Cache-Control: private

Query complete.

"NoStop" <nostop@stopspam.com> wrote in message
> begin trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 20 August 2005 06:32 am, Steve Winograd
> [MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
>> In article <f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com>, v4t9hy3d8
>> <h23@nowhere.org> wrote:
>>>what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
>>
>> Microsoft has many IP addresses on many different servers. As part of
>> Microsoft's defense against Internet-based attacks, those IP addresses
>> don't respond to pings.
>
> They might not respond to pings, but when I ping microsoft.com, I get
> this ...
>
> $ ping microsoft.com
> $ PING microsoft.com (207.46.130.108) 56(84) bytes of data.
>
> This tells me that microsoft.com's ip address is 207.46.130.108
>
> Don't know how Windoze ping works, but assume it must do the same thing.
>

> --
> Have you been MicroShafted today?
> To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
> To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 9:09:00 AM

In article <OZc7WGhpFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Jone Doe"
<fake@nowhere.org> wrote:

>>> Microsoft has many IP addresses on many different servers. As part of
>>> Microsoft's defense against Internet-based attacks, those IP addresses
>>> don't respond to pings.
>>
>> They might not respond to pings, but when I ping microsoft.com, I get
>> this ...
>>
>> $ ping microsoft.com
>> $ PING microsoft.com (207.46.130.108) 56(84) bytes of data.
>>
>> This tells me that microsoft.com's ip address is 207.46.130.108
>>
>> Don't know how Windoze ping works, but assume it must do the same thing.
>
>Gee, it's interesting that www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings.
>Therefore, I have NO WAY of getting this information, do I?
>
>Initiating server query ...
>
>Looking up IP address for domain: www.microsoft.com
>
>The IP address for the domain is: 207.46.19.30
>Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
>[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
>The server returned the following response headers:
>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>Connection: close
>Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:28:27 GMT
>Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>P3P: CP="ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR
>SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI"
>Query complete.

What's your point?

As I said, www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings. You can see
that yourself, by typing this at a command prompt:

ping www.microsoft.com

No one said that you can't find an IP address that corresponds so
www.microsoft.com . In fact, there are many such addresses. If you
ping the site, then do an "ipconfig /flushdns" command and ping it
again, you can get a completely different IP address.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 5:55:02 PM

begin  trojan.vbs ... On Sunday 21 August 2005 01:07 am, Steve Winograd
[MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

>>> They might not respond to pings, but when I ping microsoft.com, I get
>>> this ...
>>>
>>> $ ping microsoft.com
>>> $ PING microsoft.com (207.46.130.108) 56(84) bytes of data.
>>>
>>> This tells me that microsoft.com's ip address is 207.46.130.108
>>>
>>> Don't know how Windoze ping works, but assume it must do the same thing.
>>
>>Gee, it's interesting that www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings.
>>Therefore, I have NO WAY of getting this information, do I?
>>
>>Initiating server query ...
>>
>>Looking up IP address for domain: www.microsoft.com
>>
>>The IP address for the domain is: 207.46.19.30
>>Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
>>[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
>>The server returned the following response headers:
>>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>Connection: close
>>Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:28:27 GMT
>>Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>>P3P: CP="ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR
>>SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI"
>>Query complete.
>
> What's your point?

The OP wanted to know how to find the ip address for microsoft.com. What a
response like Microsoft doesn't respond to pings has to do with the
original question is beyond me. What Jone Doe's contribution has to do with
it is even more useless.

--
Have you been MicroShafted today?
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.
August 25, 2005 2:36:21 AM

try using nslookup from the command prompt

"v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
May 23, 2011 10:56:05 PM

IP results for Domain Name MICROSOFT.COM

207.46.232.182
207.46.197.32 I checked the details through the site whoisxy
May 24, 2011 4:25:20 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!