Closed

Numeric ip address

what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
11 answers Last reply
More about numeric address

    In news:f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com,
    v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> had this to say:

    > what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?

    Pinging microsoft.com [207.46.130.108] with 32 bytes of data:

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

    In article <f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com>, v4t9hy3d8
    <h23@nowhere.org> wrote:
    >what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?

    Microsoft has many IP addresses on many different servers. As part of
    Microsoft's defense against Internet-based attacks, those IP addresses
    don't respond to pings.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    i tried but it timed out

    lost all 4 packets (32 bytes)

    help

    In news:d3aeg11usenc7lqrci1e8e201k377ngh40@4ax.com,
    v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> had this to say:

    > i tried but it timed out
    >
    > lost all 4 packets (32 bytes)
    >

    > help
    >

    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:20:18 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In news:f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com,
    >> v4t9hy3d8 <h23@nowhere.org> had this to say:

    >>> what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
    >>
    >> Pinging microsoft.com [207.46.130.108] with 32 bytes of data:
    >>
    >> Galen

    As would my IP address should you ping it. That doesn't mean it's not there,
    just that (as Steve mentioned) it's configured properly.

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Saturday 20 August 2005 06:32 am, Steve Winograd
    [MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    > In article <f62eg1ttq4nl9fgblgtu0d34686ba5u0ot@4ax.com>, v4t9hy3d8
    > <h23@nowhere.org> wrote:
    >>what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
    >
    > Microsoft has many IP addresses on many different servers. As part of
    > Microsoft's defense against Internet-based attacks, those IP addresses
    > don't respond to pings.

    They might not respond to pings, but when I ping microsoft.com, I get
    this ...

    $ ping microsoft.com
    $ PING microsoft.com (207.46.130.108) 56(84) bytes of data.

    This tells me that microsoft.com's ip address is 207.46.130.108

    Don't know how Windoze ping works, but assume it must do the same thing.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.

    Gee, it's interesting that www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings.
    Therefore, I have NO WAY of getting this information, do I?

    Initiating server query ...

    Looking up IP address for domain: www.microsoft.com

    The IP address for the domain is: 207.46.19.30

    Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80

    [Connected] Requesting the server's default page.

    The server returned the following response headers:

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK

    Connection: close

    Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:28:27 GMT

    Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

    P3P: CP="ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR
    SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI"

    Cache-Control: private

    Query complete.

    In article <OZc7WGhpFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Jone Doe"
    <fake@nowhere.org> wrote:

    >>> Microsoft has many IP addresses on many different servers. As part of
    >>> Microsoft's defense against Internet-based attacks, those IP addresses
    >>> don't respond to pings.
    >>
    >> They might not respond to pings, but when I ping microsoft.com, I get
    >> this ...
    >>
    >> $ ping microsoft.com
    >> $ PING microsoft.com (207.46.130.108) 56(84) bytes of data.
    >>
    >> This tells me that microsoft.com's ip address is 207.46.130.108
    >>
    >> Don't know how Windoze ping works, but assume it must do the same thing.
    >
    >Gee, it's interesting that www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings.
    >Therefore, I have NO WAY of getting this information, do I?
    >
    >Initiating server query ...
    >
    >Looking up IP address for domain: www.microsoft.com
    >
    >The IP address for the domain is: 207.46.19.30
    >Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
    >[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
    >The server returned the following response headers:
    >HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    >Connection: close
    >Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:28:27 GMT
    >Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    >P3P: CP="ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR
    >SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI"
    >Query complete.

    What's your point?

    As I said, www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings. You can see
    that yourself, by typing this at a command prompt:

    ping www.microsoft.com

    No one said that you can't find an IP address that corresponds so
    www.microsoft.com . In fact, there are many such addresses. If you
    ping the site, then do an "ipconfig /flushdns" command and ping it
    again, you can get a completely different IP address.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    begin  trojan.vbs ... On Sunday 21 August 2005 01:07 am, Steve Winograd
    [MVP] had this to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

    >>> They might not respond to pings, but when I ping microsoft.com, I get
    >>> this ...
    >>>
    >>> $ ping microsoft.com
    >>> $ PING microsoft.com (207.46.130.108) 56(84) bytes of data.
    >>>
    >>> This tells me that microsoft.com's ip address is 207.46.130.108
    >>>
    >>> Don't know how Windoze ping works, but assume it must do the same thing.
    >>
    >>Gee, it's interesting that www.microsoft.com doesn't respond to pings.
    >>Therefore, I have NO WAY of getting this information, do I?
    >>
    >>Initiating server query ...
    >>
    >>Looking up IP address for domain: www.microsoft.com
    >>
    >>The IP address for the domain is: 207.46.19.30
    >>Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
    >>[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
    >>The server returned the following response headers:
    >>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    >>Connection: close
    >>Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:28:27 GMT
    >>Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    >>P3P: CP="ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR
    >>SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI"
    >>Query complete.
    >
    > What's your point?

    The OP wanted to know how to find the ip address for microsoft.com. What a
    response like Microsoft doesn't respond to pings has to do with the
    original question is beyond me. What Jone Doe's contribution has to do with
    it is even more useless.

    --
    Have you been MicroShafted today?
    To mess up a Linux box, you need to work *at* it.
    To mess up a Windows box, you need to work *on* it.

    try using nslookup from the command prompt

    "v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote in message
    > what is microsoft.com's numeric ip address?
  10. IP results for Domain Name MICROSOFT.COM

    207.46.232.182
    207.46.197.32 I checked the details through the site whoisxy
  11. This topic has been closed by Buwish

IP Address Microsoft Windows XP