My WinME computer prompted me that an update was
available for my wireless network card. I started the
update and it stated it had to uninstall my software in
order to update it. It uninstalled and NEVER CAME BACK!

Now I can't re-install the software for some reason...
all i get is "the setup wizard cannot start" over and
over. I have tried the original CD, and downloads from
MicroSoft with the same results. I've tried it with the
card in, and the card out... NO luck. Anyone know what I
should do? Are there files on the machine that are
preventing the software from re-installing? (My WinXP MN-
700 Base station updated fine only a short time before by
the way)

KT

joker

Go run "%temp%" without the quotes and delete all the files in that
directory. At the least you will have more hdd space.

KT wrote:

> My WinME computer prompted me that an update was
> available for my wireless network card. I started the
> update and it stated it had to uninstall my software in
> order to update it. It uninstalled and NEVER CAME BACK!
>
> Now I can't re-install the software for some reason...
> all i get is "the setup wizard cannot start" over and
> over. I have tried the original CD, and downloads from
> MicroSoft with the same results. I've tried it with the
> card in, and the card out... NO luck. Anyone know what I
> should do? Are there files on the machine that are
> preventing the software from re-installing? (My WinXP MN-
> 700 Base station updated fine only a short time before by
> the way)
>
> KT

START - RUN - "temp" ? I'll try it.... stand by.
Hopefully this will delete whatever is blocking setup
wizard from starting...

Still no deal. It must be something in the registry file
that is causing the issue. Here is what I continue to
get in a "MicroSoft Broadband Networking" box.

"The setup wizard cannot start"

"Quit the setup wizard, then restart it from your setup
CD. When the wizard opens, select the option to rerun it."

Any other ideas?

joker

Try START | RUN | "%temp%". Without the quotation marks but the
percentage signs are very important. This opens the folder that the
temp variable has been set to. That folder will frequently get full of
junk.

KT wrote:
> START - RUN - "temp" ? I'll try it.... stand by.
> Hopefully this will delete whatever is blocking setup
> wizard from starting...

*PROBLEM RESOLVED*

After 3 HOURS on the phone with MS tech support it was
discovered that the MS broadband network auto-updater
corrupted my WinME windows installer so WinME couldn't
install ANY software on the machine. After manually
installing and configuring the MN-730 card, and deleting
several .dll files, I downloaded a new windows installer
from micrsoft.com and was able to re-load the original
MSBN software. What a pain in the ass... but at least
it's fixed. Thanks for trying but this one was for the
record books.

joker

I forgot about the installer being hosed. I could have given you
directions for that one. Oh well.