installign software without admin priveledges

moab

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001
I have been able to install a few programs on my work computer(trillian etc...) without admin priveledges. However some wont install. I try using winzip which the admins installed and it seems to work for some programs. Any idea how i can get all programs installed? Why do some install and some dont?

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
Add yourself to the Admin Group List.

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak. Better yet, Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
First you must logon as Administrator.

Click on Start|Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Managment/Local Users & Groups/Groups/Administrators, then Add

Here is a helpful site: <A HREF="http://www.labmice.net/troubleshooting/default.htm" target="_new">Labmice</A>

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak. Better yet, Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>

moab

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001
I am a power user and cant log on as an administrator..Any way to get around this short of hacking the pasword..Like I said soem stuff will install and some wont...Any ideas?

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
If this is your personal system and you do not know the Admin password, then I think the default Admin password is "Admin". If this isn't your personal system, then just like jihiggs says, be nice to your admin.