Sign in with
Your question

AMD or intel . asus a7n 8x-deluxe or Asus P4c 800

Last response: in CPUs
June 25, 2003 8:07:54 PM

hi all,

I am planning to get new machine.
i am planning to go for an amd now. (but bit scary too)
I only have the mobos and CPU i listed here available locally. cant buy anuthing else :( 

mobo i selected is
Asus A7n Deluxe (NFORCE 2 CHIPSET)
and AMD 2800+ xp

OR

intel P4c800 deluxe mobo (INTEL 875P CHIPSET)
and PIV 2.4 ghz (800 fsb)

I NEED A GAMING PC. And also gonna use my pc for multiple OS like win2k, 2k3, and linux
Also planning to deploy SQL server and VMware esx server.
and other tools for R and D.

AS WELL AS A STABLE ONE.

another option for mobo i have is of
MSI KT4 Ultra FISR

For processor I have another option of
AMD ATHLON 3000+ XP

only this is available in local market

Please post in your experiences, comments, and what is the best among the listed items only :) 

Thanking you all.

Sandy...
June 25, 2003 8:10:18 PM

I have a question. What are your reasons for going with the i875 chipset over the i865PE chipset?

"<i>Yeah, if you treat them like equals, it'll only encourage them to think they <b>ARE</b> your equals.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030603" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A>
June 25, 2003 8:26:57 PM

well.

no specific reason.
but reviews say 875 is better. i think
Related resources
June 25, 2003 8:43:19 PM

Alrighty. But if you're not using features like the ECC RAM, then you'll probably be just as happy with the less expensive Asus P4P800 Deluxe ... if you go that route. Just a thought. :) 

"<i>Yeah, if you treat them like equals, it'll only encourage them to think they <b>ARE</b> your equals.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030603" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A>
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2003 2:43:24 AM

Actually, the only recent reviews (at Anandtech) show the Abit IS7 series and Asus P4P800 series are the best performers. Which makes them the best value due to their low price, these are 865PE boards!

All these 865/875 boards were released "immature". BIOS gets better with age. So past reviews and recent reviews are totally out of sync, information on this website is so old as to be irrelavent.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
!