I have this task bar that just showed up one day on the left side of my
display. It is white in color,about 3 inches wide and contains folder
tasks, other places and details\desktop. Does anyone know what this is
and how to get rid of it?

--
mdiggle

mdiggle wrote:
> I have this task bar that just showed up one day on the left
> side of my display. It is white in color,about 3 inches wide
> and contains folder tasks, other places and details\desktop.
> Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?
>

> --
> mdiggle

Follow the procedure outlined on this web site to remove the
Common Tasks bar from your desktop:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

Nepatsfan