- Not terribly important, i can upgrade the HD later.
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
- Newegg has been the best reference for me so far, but i'd like to be able to shop around. Not sure where else to look.
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
- Several years. I don't buy new computers very often.
11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I'm aiming for a bluray writer, but that's not important really.
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
- Toshiba seems to have quality products in my price range, Sony is decent also from what I've seen. I'd be very open to other brands.
- I've heard bad things about Acers and their customer service, not sure i want to deal with them.
13_What country do you live in?
- USA, Ohio
14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
- So far the Toshiba Qosimo seems to be the best laptop in my range, but like i said above, i haven't shopped around too much just because i don't really know where to look. I would appreciate any good sites that i could look into.
- I'd like to stick with NVIDIA graphics & I'm most interested in a Core i7.
More aboutshopping laptop advice requested
ASUS G51Jx would be a good option
That Asus model is a good recommendation. However, if you want to check around a bit more, I recommend sites like NewEgg and TigerDirect. They usually have quite a bit in stock, especially ones with newer CPU's like the i7's and i5's.