Lost all my folders!

August 20, 2005 10:26:01 AM

Somehow I seem to have lost all the folders on the desktop and the taskbar,
plus the All Programes folder and Administrative Tools folders are empty. The
programs themselves are still there, so it's obviously a display problem. Any
ideas?

More about : lost folders

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:25:04 PM

Somehow your profile have been changed. There may be done any mess with any
program that tooks into account the user account settings or creates new
account etc.
OR you have logged in any wrong profile.

If nothing above happened to you, you may try reinstalling XP.
You better say it in little more detail what happened before that.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"ChrisD" wrote:

> Somehow I seem to have lost all the folders on the desktop and the taskbar,
> plus the All Programes folder and Administrative Tools folders are empty. The
> programs themselves are still there, so it's obviously a display problem. Any
> ideas?
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:33:02 PM

I've also lost all my favourites! I haven't a clue what I've done, except I
was clicking around on folder properties looking for hidden folders

"ChrisD" wrote:

> Somehow I seem to have lost all the folders on the desktop and the taskbar,
> plus the All Programes folder and Administrative Tools folders are empty. The
> programs themselves are still there, so it's obviously a display problem. Any
> ideas?
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:45:01 PM

Have you made that folder hidden?
In any folder go to Tools>Folder Options>View scroll down to see the option
"Hidden files and folders" give the option there "Show hidden files and
folders".
Then you should see the folder that you have made hidden. Then make that
folder visible again by going to the "properties" of that folder.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

!