Lost all my folders!

Somehow I seem to have lost all the folders on the desktop and the taskbar,
plus the All Programes folder and Administrative Tools folders are empty. The
programs themselves are still there, so it's obviously a display problem. Any
ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about lost folders

    Somehow your profile have been changed. There may be done any mess with any
    program that tooks into account the user account settings or creates new
    account etc.
    OR you have logged in any wrong profile.

    If nothing above happened to you, you may try reinstalling XP.
    You better say it in little more detail what happened before that.

    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "ChrisD" wrote:

    > Somehow I seem to have lost all the folders on the desktop and the taskbar,
    > plus the All Programes folder and Administrative Tools folders are empty. The
    > programs themselves are still there, so it's obviously a display problem. Any
    > ideas?

    I've also lost all my favourites! I haven't a clue what I've done, except I
    was clicking around on folder properties looking for hidden folders

    "ChrisD" wrote:

    > Somehow I seem to have lost all the folders on the desktop and the taskbar,
    > plus the All Programes folder and Administrative Tools folders are empty. The
    > programs themselves are still there, so it's obviously a display problem. Any
    > ideas?

    Have you made that folder hidden?
    In any folder go to Tools>Folder Options>View scroll down to see the option
    "Hidden files and folders" give the option there "Show hidden files and
    folders".
    Then you should see the folder that you have made hidden. Then make that
    folder visible again by going to the "properties" of that folder.

    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    "ChrisD" wrote:

    > I've also lost all my favourites! I haven't a clue what I've done, except I
    > was clicking around on folder properties looking for hidden folders
    >
    > "ChrisD" wrote:
    >
    > > Somehow I seem to have lost all the folders on the desktop and the taskbar,
    > > plus the All Programes folder and Administrative Tools folders are empty. The
    > > programs themselves are still there, so it's obviously a display problem. Any
    > > ideas?

Microsoft Windows XP