gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've somehow managed to relocate the Start button at the top left of the
desktop and I don't seem to be able to drag it back to its original position.
help!

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Gary" wrote:

| I've somehow managed to relocate the Start button at the top left of the
| desktop and I don't seem to be able to drag it back to its original position.
| help!

Is the Taskbar locked?
--
Ron Sommer

Gary wrote:

> I've somehow managed to relocate the Start button at the top left of
> the desktop and I don't seem to be able to drag it back to its
> original position. help!

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen, it can
be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any side to
another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it where you want it.
Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge; clicking on the edge and
dragging will resize it

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it and
uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup