Microsoft AntiSpyware Fails to Load

Microsoft AntiSpyware no longer loads when Windows starts. I have
uninstalled it and reinstalled from a freshly downloaded installation file.
The programme does not start when Windows loads and when I try to start it
manually it stalls on the splash screen, the PC otherwise functions
normally. GIANTAntispywareMain.exe shows in Task Manager uses 00 (%).
Is this a know issue and is there a fix?
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft antispyware fails load

    Hi,
    Don't you get any error message? Please post that here.

    This kind of issues may occur if you have some other antispyware program
    that uses almost same technology like CounterSpy etc.

    --
    Regards,
    Pramit Roy

    M wrote:

    > Microsoft AntiSpyware no longer loads when Windows starts. I have
    > uninstalled it and reinstalled from a freshly downloaded installation file.
    > The programme does not start when Windows loads and when I try to start it
    > manually it stalls on the splash screen, the PC otherwise functions
    > normally. GIANTAntispywareMain.exe shows in Task Manager uses 00 (%).
    > Is this a know issue and is there a fix?

    Best to post to the MS Antispyware forum:
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    There are no error messages. I have Ad-Aware and Spybot Seach and Destroy
    but I have this same set up on another PC and this isn't having any
    problems.
    "Pramit Roy" <PramitRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Don't you get any error message? Please post that here.
    >
    > This kind of issues may occur if you have some other antispyware program
    > that uses almost same technology like CounterSpy etc.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    > Pramit Roy
    >

    > "M" wrote:
    >
    >> Microsoft AntiSpyware no longer loads when Windows starts. I have
    >> uninstalled it and reinstalled from a freshly downloaded installation
    >> file.
    >> The programme does not start when Windows loads and when I try to start
    >> it
    >> manually it stalls on the splash screen, the PC otherwise functions
    >> normally. GIANTAntispywareMain.exe shows in Task Manager uses 00 (%).
    >> Is this a know issue and is there a fix?

Splash Screen Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP