Microsoft AntiSpyware Fails to Load

August 20, 2005 8:15:47 PM

Microsoft AntiSpyware no longer loads when Windows starts. I have
uninstalled it and reinstalled from a freshly downloaded installation file.
The programme does not start when Windows loads and when I try to start it
manually it stalls on the splash screen, the PC otherwise functions
normally. GIANTAntispywareMain.exe shows in Task Manager uses 00 (%).
Is this a know issue and is there a fix?
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 8:15:48 PM

Hi,
Don't you get any error message? Please post that here.

This kind of issues may occur if you have some other antispyware program
that uses almost same technology like CounterSpy etc.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

M wrote:

> Microsoft AntiSpyware no longer loads when Windows starts. I have
> uninstalled it and reinstalled from a freshly downloaded installation file.
> The programme does not start when Windows loads and when I try to start it
> manually it stalls on the splash screen, the PC otherwise functions
> normally. GIANTAntispywareMain.exe shows in Task Manager uses 00 (%).
> Is this a know issue and is there a fix?

Best to post to the MS Antispyware forum:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp...

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

There are no error messages. I have Ad-Aware and Spybot Seach and Destroy
but I have this same set up on another PC and this isn't having any
problems.

!