What does "C" mean?

DOOM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
For example, Pentium 4 2.40<b>C</b> GHz.

-DOOM

<i>GeneticWeapon says: "Your days posting here have about come to an end... I promise you that by the time I'm done making my point to you, you wont want to be here anymore...you fuucking bitch."</i>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.
Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C.

"<i>Yeah, if you treat them like equals, it'll only encourage them to think they <b>ARE</b> your equals.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030603" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Okay, seriously though:
A = 4x100Mhz = 400MHz FSB
B = 4x133MHz = 533MHz FSB
C = 4X200MHz = 800MHz FSB

Really though, how lazy must you be? Go to <A HREF="http://www.intel.com" target="_new">http://www.intel.com</A>, click on the "Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor" link located on the right side of the screen (it's the one with the cute little picture of the Pentium 4 chip) and read. Right there in the speeds available it breaks them down by bus speed, and this includes the C, B, or A in the speed ratings whenever these ratings overlap. The information is right there and easy to find.

"<i>Yeah, if you treat them like equals, it'll only encourage them to think they <b>ARE</b> your equals.</i>" - Thief from <A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=030603" target="_new">8-Bit Theater</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by slvr_phoenix on 06/27/03 01:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
I liked your first response better...

and just to make the thread even more informative

Intel chips are quad pumped, thus you multiply the FSB x PUMP RATE to yield PR BULLSHIT. The yields are 400, 533, 800.

The ath xp chips are double pumped, thus the yields are 266, 333, 400.

The functional difference is that the memory bandwidth is higher on the intel chips.

Shadus

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There are no pumps, that term was invented by a 12 year old idiot/AMD fanatic/WWF fanatic who wants to get "pumped up". He thought it sounded cool to call his AMD a "double pumped" processor, like a pump action, double barrel shotgun.

Quad Data Rate is the technology used to pass 4 bits of information per data trace on one cycle. And the words Quad Data Rate actually MEAN something, the work Quad refers to 4, and the word DATA refers to bits of information, and the word RATE means the amount of work done over a given time. So it's easy for anyone with a brain to interpret the proper name "Quad Data Rate" as "4x the transfer rate".

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I care only because stupidity is contagious.

Look at the common phrase "I couldn't care less". It means that you care so little, it would be impossible for you to care less. Yet most people say "I could care less". This is nonsense, because it implies that there are other things you care less about, when really you're trying to say you don't care at all.

Eventually we will all be idiots if this type of thing keeps up.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
D00D, I almost failed 10th grade english for that! I refered to Rebock Pumps in a paper, and the teacher saw the word pumps regarding shoes and figured a girl must've wrote it, then tried to fail me!

stealthbig

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Crashman I think it's funny that you are on your own little crusade against the "pumped" term. Must be growing bored in the forums, eh?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not really that, but some newbie will come in and ask how the pumps work, if their mechanical, and what do do when they wear out!