.NET Framework Error

I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
please advise.
I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As soon as I
try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following Error
Message:
..NET Framework Initilization Error -
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded
and pressing OK clears the message.
Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where should I
go?
5 answers Last reply
More about framework error

    Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
    Remove Programs]. If not, install it.

    If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
    reinstalling the framework.

    Jon

    "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
    > please advise.
    > I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
    > Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As soon
    > as I
    > try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following
    > Error
    > Message:
    > .NET Framework Initilization Error -
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
    > loaded
    > and pressing OK clears the message.
    > Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
    > Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where
    > should I
    > go?

    Add/remove programs says I have, but then I am told 'mscorwks.dll could not
    be loded'!

    "Jon" wrote:

    > Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
    > Remove Programs]. If not, install it.
    >
    > If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
    > reinstalling the framework.
    >
    > Jon
    >

    > "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
    > > please advise.
    > > I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
    > > Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As soon
    > > as I
    > > try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following
    > > Error
    > > Message:
    > > .NET Framework Initilization Error -
    > > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
    > > loaded
    > > and pressing OK clears the message.
    > > Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
    > > Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where
    > > should I
    > > go?

    See if any of these threads shed any light on the issue

    http://tinyurl.com/8y2zd

    > Add/remove programs says I have, but then I am told 'mscorwks.dll could
    > not
    > be loded'!
    >
    > "Jon" wrote:
    >
    >> Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
    >> Remove Programs]. If not, install it.
    >>
    >> If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
    >> reinstalling the framework.
    >>
    >> Jon
    >>

    >> "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
    >> > please advise.
    >> > I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
    >> > Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As
    >> > soon
    >> > as I
    >> > try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following
    >> > Error
    >> > Message:
    >> > .NET Framework Initilization Error -
    >> > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
    >> > loaded
    >> > and pressing OK clears the message.
    >> > Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
    >> > Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where
    >> > should I
    >> > go?

    Thanks for link, Jon, but have already looked and unfortunately, they don'y
    seem to work. However, all is not lost - I have been given some useful ideas
    over the weekend which I wikk try later

    "Jon" wrote:

    > See if any of these threads shed any light on the issue
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/8y2zd
    >

    > Jon
    >

    > "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Add/remove programs says I have, but then I am told 'mscorwks.dll could
    > > not
    > > be loded'!
    > >
    > > "Jon" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
    > >> Remove Programs]. If not, install it.
    > >>
    > >> If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
    > >> reinstalling the framework.
    > >>
    > >> Jon
    > >>

    > >> "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Ok, hope you manage to sort it.

    The most glaring reason from a couple of those threads, seemed to be having
    v1.0 of the dotnet framework installed, rather than v.1.1

    Also manually checking for the existance of the file in the

    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322

    directory to confirm that the file and folder physically exists on your
    system, too, would be another thing to try.

    Other than that, you may get a better response in one of the
    microsoft.public.dotnet newsgroups, so might be worth a repost, if none of
    the ideas you've received come to fruition.

    > Thanks for link, Jon, but have already looked and unfortunately, they
    > don'y
    > seem to work. However, all is not lost - I have been given some useful
    > ideas
    > over the weekend which I wikk try later
    >
    > "Jon" wrote:
    >
    >> See if any of these threads shed any light on the issue
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/8y2zd
    >>

    >> Jon
    >>

    >> "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Add/remove programs says I have, but then I am told 'mscorwks.dll
    >> > could
    >> > not
    >> > be loded'!

Framework Microsoft Windows XP