I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
please advise.
I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As soon as I
try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following Error
Message:
..NET Framework Initilization Error -
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded
and pressing OK clears the message.
Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where should I
go?

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
Remove Programs]. If not, install it.

If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
reinstalling the framework.

Jon

"John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
> please advise.
> I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
> Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As soon
> as I
> try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following
> Error
> Message:
> .NET Framework Initilization Error -
> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
> loaded
> and pressing OK clears the message.
> Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
> Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where
> should I
> go?

Add/remove programs says I have, but then I am told 'mscorwks.dll could not
be loded'!

"Jon" wrote:

> Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
> Remove Programs]. If not, install it.
>
> If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
> reinstalling the framework.
>
> Jon
>

> "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
> > please advise.
> > I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
> > Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As soon
> > as I
> > try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following
> > Error
> > Message:
> > .NET Framework Initilization Error -
> > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
> > loaded
> > and pressing OK clears the message.
> > Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
> > Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where
> > should I
> > go?

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

See if any of these threads shed any light on the issue

http://tinyurl.com/8y2zd

> Add/remove programs says I have, but then I am told 'mscorwks.dll could
> not
> be loded'!
>
> "Jon" wrote:
>
>> Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
>> Remove Programs]. If not, install it.
>>
>> If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
>> reinstalling the framework.
>>
>> Jon
>>

>> "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am not certain this is the correct place for this question, so if not
>> > please advise.
>> > I have a problem with regard to opening aprogram written in .NET.
>> > Specifically, Access Manager 2 - which stores all my passwords!! As
>> > soon
>> > as I
>> > try to open it from the list on the start menu, I receive the following
>> > Error
>> > Message:
>> > .NET Framework Initilization Error -
>> > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be
>> > loaded
>> > and pressing OK clears the message.
>> > Interestingly, I get the same error message when opening MS Help and
>> > Support, but it then opens as normal. Has anyone any ideas, or where
>> > should I
>> > go?

Thanks for link, Jon, but have already looked and unfortunately, they don'y
seem to work. However, all is not lost - I have been given some useful ideas
over the weekend which I wikk try later

"Jon" wrote:

> See if any of these threads shed any light on the issue
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8y2zd
>

> Jon
>

> "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Add/remove programs says I have, but then I am told 'mscorwks.dll could
> > not
> > be loded'!
> >
> > "Jon" wrote:
> >
> >> Check that you have .net framework v1.1 installed [Control Panel > Add /
> >> Remove Programs]. If not, install it.
> >>
> >> If you do have it installed, then you could try uninstalling it and
> >> reinstalling the framework.
> >>
> >> Jon
> >>

> >> "John B" <JohnB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Ok, hope you manage to sort it.

The most glaring reason from a couple of those threads, seemed to be having
v1.0 of the dotnet framework installed, rather than v.1.1

Also manually checking for the existance of the file in the

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322

directory to confirm that the file and folder physically exists on your
system, too, would be another thing to try.

Other than that, you may get a better response in one of the
microsoft.public.dotnet newsgroups, so might be worth a repost, if none of
the ideas you've received come to fruition.