WOW ! $5400 for the Minstrel Man

The Minstrel Man went for $5400.00. Sure didn't think it would fetch
that much. Someone really did get a pretty nice origional machine
though.But for $5400 PHEW! Think I'll go put a coat of wax on mine.I'm
shocked.
16 answers Last reply
More about 5400 minstrel

    Wow, Now I wish I hadn't sold mine last year

    Walt wrote:
    > The Minstrel Man went for $5400.00. Sure didn't think it would fetch
    > that much. Someone really did get a pretty nice origional machine
    > though.But for $5400 PHEW! Think I'll go put a coat of wax on mine.I'm
    > shocked.

    Well only if yours was as nice as this one and in original condition.
    Same thing w/ KO, a very nice original just sold on ebay for $5,100. A
    lesser KO sold in the high $2k range.

    pr

    Gameroom classics wrote:
    > Wow, Now I wish I hadn't sold mine last year
    >
    > Walt wrote:
    > > The Minstrel Man went for $5400.00. Sure didn't think it would fetch
    > > that much. Someone really did get a pretty nice origional machine
    > > though.But for $5400 PHEW! Think I'll go put a coat of wax on mine.I'm
    > > shocked.

    > The Minstrel Man went for $5400.00.

    Welcome to the world outside of RGP- woodrail collecting...

    Kirb

    I didn't check it, but I hope it stayed in the
    US. It's really bugging me that many of these
    nice woodies are going overseas.
    JR

    Then maybe _you_ should of bought it! ;)

    --
    Fred
    TX

    JR Pinball wrote:
    > I didn't check it, but I hope it stayed in the
    > US. It's really bugging me that many of these
    > nice woodies are going overseas.

    The winner seems to have a US location. (It's not me!)

    Kevin

    Should *have* bought it :) tsk tsk, Fred Fred Fred :)

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    > I didn't check it, but I hope it stayed in the
    > US. It's really bugging me that many of these
    > nice woodies are going overseas.

    It bothers me, too.

    It's in the US. My friend was the one who bought this Minstrel Man on
    ebay. He had a lot of nice EM's many years ago but sold them all and
    went a different direction. We reconnected only two months ago, he
    wanted to get back in the hobby, and said he wished he could get a
    Knock-Out, but more than that he wanted a Minstrel Man! Soon after,
    this one showed up on ebay! It was kismet. When the auction ended, I
    called him right away, and he was really pumped. He then told me that
    one thing that spurred him on was how it bothered him that this game
    might have gone to Europe. I'm glad he bought it, too!

    :)

    LOL!

    (But that's how we tawk down here!!!) :)

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message news:rrCdnUEAltCKkk3fRVn-rA@comcast.com...
    > Should *have* bought it :) tsk tsk, Fred Fred Fred :)
    >
    > Fred Kemper wrote:
    > > Then maybe _you_ should of bought it! ;)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Fred
    > > TX
    > > CARGPB#8
    > > ******************
    > >

    > > "JR Pinball" <jsadama@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:42CFFD97.3BAD115D@worldnet.att.net...
    > >
    > >>I didn't check it, but I hope it stayed in the
    > >>US. It's really bugging me that many of these
    > >>nice woodies are going overseas.
    > >>JR
    > >

    > --
    > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    > A passion for pinball!
    > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    Hi all, I'm the guy that bought the Minstral Man. Yes after many years
    I'm back in the hobby. In my hayday I had 20 games running at any one
    time and owned about 80 or so, all em's. Jay from IPD is a great friend
    of mine from the old days. Just wanted to say hi and glad to see the
    hobby is strong and has a great web site for everyone. I live in San
    Diego. Oh ya, I did not want to see the Minstrel Man going overseas. So
    if you guys from Europe are reading this I'm gonna cost ya a ton of $$$
    on Ebay if your going after OUR woodrails..... This is the first game
    in my new collection. C Ya..... Bill
    > LOL!
    >
    > (But that's how we tawk down here!!!) :)
    >
    > --
    > Fred
    > TX
    > CARGPB#8
    > ******************
    >

    > "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message news:rrCdnUEAltCKkk3fRVn-rA@comcast.com...
    > > Should *have* bought it :) tsk tsk, Fred Fred Fred :)
    > >
    > > Fred Kemper wrote:
    > > > Then maybe _you_ should of bought it! ;)
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Fred
    > > > TX
    > > > CARGPB#8
    > > > ******************

    > > --
    > > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    > > A passion for pinball!
    > > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    This is a bold challenge to our European friends, who have wills of
    still and a favorable exchange rate on their side.

    coronadophoto@aol.com wrote:
    > Hi all, I'm the guy that bought the Minstral Man. Yes after many years
    > I'm back in the hobby. In my hayday I had 20 games running at any one
    > time and owned about 80 or so, all em's. Jay from IPD is a great friend
    > of mine from the old days. Just wanted to say hi and glad to see the
    > hobby is strong and has a great web site for everyone. I live in San
    > Diego. Oh ya, I did not want to see the Minstrel Man going overseas. So
    > if you guys from Europe are reading this I'm gonna cost ya a ton of $$$
    > on Ebay if your going after OUR woodrails..... This is the first game
    > in my new collection. C Ya..... Bill
    > > LOL!
    > >
    > > (But that's how we tawk down here!!!) :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Fred
    > > TX
    > > CARGPB#8
    > > ******************
    > >

    > > "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message news:rrCdnUEAltCKkk3fRVn-rA@comcast.com...
    > > > Should *have* bought it :) tsk tsk, Fred Fred Fred :)

    > > > --
    > > > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    > > > A passion for pinball!
    > > > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    Hey dude, since you aren't shy about telling us you dropped 5.4 on the
    woodie, tame my curiosity: I'd love to know - what was your maximum bid
    as you stared down the axis powers? How damn far were you willing to
    go? To what heights did your madness ascend?

    It's great I can only imagine the looks on those guys faces after
    having won so many of these "beat this" auctions.

    coronadophoto@aol.com wrote:
    > Hi all, I'm the guy that bought the Minstral Man. Yes after many years
    > I'm back in the hobby. In my hayday I had 20 games running at any one
    > time and owned about 80 or so, all em's. Jay from IPD is a great friend
    > of mine from the old days. Just wanted to say hi and glad to see the
    > hobby is strong and has a great web site for everyone. I live in San
    > Diego. Oh ya, I did not want to see the Minstrel Man going overseas. So
    > if you guys from Europe are reading this I'm gonna cost ya a ton of $$$
    > on Ebay if your going after OUR woodrails..... This is the first game
    > in my new collection. C Ya..... Bill
    > > LOL!
    > >
    > > (But that's how we tawk down here!!!) :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Fred
    > > TX
    > > CARGPB#8
    > > ******************
    > >

    > > "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message news:rrCdnUEAltCKkk3fRVn-rA@comcast.com...
    > > > Should *have* bought it :) tsk tsk, Fred Fred Fred :)

    > > > --
    > > > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    > > > A passion for pinball!
    > > > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    Congrats!!! There is NO price too high for something you really
    want...Enjoy! I hope to play one of those (MM {ha!}) some day. I got
    lucky and had a chance to play a Gott. Knockout (my woodrail dream
    game) when I went with Clay to Allentown. He had a side deal going on
    with a guy in OH., who had a KILLER woodrail collection and was happy
    to let us play any game(s) we wanted.

    OldSchool

    PS- What's with the overseas hate??? They like pins just like we do in
    the USA. This is a worldwide hobby IMO. Like The Police said - "ONE
    WORLD IS ENOUGH FOR ALL OF US"

    Yeah, I don't get the ' shame it's gone outside the US'. They didn't
    make pinaballs in the UK (as far as I know) so are we not allowed to
    play them? Or only allowed the allocation that were originally exported
    by the manufacturer, and no more. If they're all gone, that's it, were
    not allowed to look elsewhere? I was lucky to find a Centaur II in
    Germany - not very local but cheaper to ship than from the US.

    I think you'll find there are one or two people in the USA importing
    collectible items made elsewhere in the world.

    No overseas hate here, not at all. And as for giving the euro croud a
    run for the money that was just ebay bidding bullshit. I do believe
    that the top woodrails are a piece of Americana that should stay in the
    US if possible. Especially the minstrel man that goes strait to the
    black history of the US showing the times that they had to endure.
    Bill

    Fred,
    Would buy 'em all if I were a rich man!
    JR

    Fred Kemper wrote:

    > Then maybe _you_ should of bought it! ;)
    >
    > --
    > Fred
    > TX
    > CARGPB#8
    >
    > "JR Pinball" <jsadama@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:42CFFD97.3BAD115D@worldnet.att.net...
    > > I didn't check it, but I hope it stayed in the
    > > US. It's really bugging me that many of these
    > > nice woodies are going overseas.
    > > JR

World Of Warcraft Games Video Games