MIssing Windows Explorer

August 20, 2005 2:14:03 PM

I just noticed that my WIndows Explorer is missing from my accessories menu
and it was there a couple of weeks ago. How do I get it back? Thanks....Dave
August 20, 2005 2:33:31 PM

05MustangGT wrote:
> I just noticed that my WIndows Explorer is missing from my accessories menu
> and it was there a couple of weeks ago. How do I get it back? Thanks....Dave

Create a new shortcut for it and drop it there.

In the Target field put this: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
In the Start in field put this: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Thanks Rock!!

"Rock" wrote:

> 05MustangGT wrote:
> > I just noticed that my WIndows Explorer is missing from my accessories menu
> > and it was there a couple of weeks ago. How do I get it back? Thanks....Dave
>
> Create a new shortcut for it and drop it there.
>
> In the Target field put this: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
> In the Start in field put this: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

August 20, 2005 5:33:36 PM

05MustangGT wrote:

> Thanks Rock!!

Also note that the easiest way to start Windows Explorer is to hold down the
Window key and press "E."

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> 05MustangGT wrote:
>>> I just noticed that my WIndows Explorer is missing from my
>>> accessories menu and it was there a couple of weeks ago. How do I
>>> get it back? Thanks....Dave
>>
>> Create a new shortcut for it and drop it there.
>>
>> In the Target field put this: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
>> In the Start in field put this: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
>>
>> --
>> Rock
>> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
August 20, 2005 9:18:57 PM

05MustangGT wrote:

> Thanks Rock!!
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>

>>05MustangGT wrote:
>>
>>>I just noticed that my WIndows Explorer is missing from my accessories menu
>>>and it was there a couple of weeks ago. How do I get it back? Thanks....Dave
>>
>>Create a new shortcut for it and drop it there.
>>
>>In the Target field put this: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
>>In the Start in field put this: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

You're welcome.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

05MustangGT Wrote:
> I just noticed that my WIndows Explorer is missing from my accessories
> menu
> and it was there a couple of weeks ago. How do I get it back?
> Thanks....Dave

Hello Dave

Simple fix for this.

1. Another way to access Windows Explorer is to right click on the
Start button and choose Explore. It will present the same Explorer
window.

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Explorer and right click on it. Click on Send
To and choose the Desktop. Navigate back to your desktop and you should
see the shortcut to Explorer. You can leave it here for easier access
(on the desktop) if you use it frequently.

3. If you really must put it back to its original location, here is
how. Drag the shortcut from the desktop and dump in the Start button.
Next, click Start and you should see the folder right above Programs.
Again, click on it and HOLD it. Now, while holding it, drag it to
programs, Accessories, and then release it once you are inside that
structure. You should now be able to click on Start, Programs,
Accessories and then Explorer should now be back in its place. You can
rename it if you want. Hope this helps!

--
Evolution54
!