Ghost 9 boot disk/DVD question

JLS

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004

Hi guys,

If I create an image backup of my complete C: drive on (multiple)
DVD-RW's, does Ghost9 include a boot disk? In other words, can I
restore an image just using my DVD's? Or do I need the Ghost CD or the
Symantec recovery disk?
Thanks.
jace

JLS

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004

Thanks Don,
I'm on vacation, all I have is my Laptop and my 3 backup DVD's
containig the image of the drive I want to restore. Sorry, but I didn't
bring the manuel!

"JLS" <jlstorck2@internet.lu> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> If I create an image backup of my complete C: drive on (multiple)
> DVD-RW's, does Ghost9 include a boot disk? In other words, can I
> restore an image just using my DVD's? Or do I need the Ghost CD or the
> Symantec recovery disk?
> Thanks.
> jace

The Ghost 9 product CD is bootable. In may manual the instructions start on
page 70.

Don

I just did a System Restore of my C Drive today using Ghost 9's Recovery CD.
Took a long time to boot into the CD and load the program, but after that it
went without a hitch. The image files were on a second partition.

"JLS" <jlstorck2@internet.lu> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> If I create an image backup of my complete C: drive on (multiple)
> DVD-RW's, does Ghost9 include a boot disk? In other words, can I
> restore an image just using my DVD's? Or do I need the Ghost CD or the
> Symantec recovery disk?
> Thanks.
> jace

You can't restore without the Ghost CD. Did you look on that for the
manual?

> Thanks Don,
> I'm on vacation, all I have is my Laptop and my 3 backup DVD's
> containig the image of the drive I want to restore. Sorry, but I didn't
> bring the manuel!

If you obtained Ghost 9 as part of Norton System Works you use the Symantec
Recovery CD to boot to the Ghost 9 recovery environment. If you obtained
Ghost 9 as a separate product, than you use the Ghost 9 CD.

Don