Value of a HUO MM?

Hi Group,
I have a chance at purchasing a HUO MM with 1500 plays on it for 9k.
Mint game besides some minor scratches on one cabinet side.
Just wondering if that is about the going rate for a MM of that
caliber?
Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Al

ONE MILION DOLLARS! .... oh wait, that's Austin Powers pins :)
Seriously, 10,000 plus does not seem out of range.
Terry.

if it's truly mint in every way yeah, $9K isn't unreasonable.
I wouldn't part with mine for that and it's not HUO.

Dan

"Pinpop" <pinpop02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Group,
> I have a chance at purchasing a HUO MM with 1500 plays on it for 9k.
> Mint game besides some minor scratches on one cabinet side.
> Just wondering if that is about the going rate for a MM of that
> caliber?
> Any advice would be very appreciated.
> Thanks in advance, Al

Look it over. No way of knowing if the 1500 plays is accurate. Check the
lane behind the castle for wear, look under the playfield and bottom of the
cabinet for signs of heavy use or dirt-pop-beer. Should look new all over
and smell like new wood. Look for paint wear around the coin slots/door
area. See if all the serial numbers match, cabinet, and all boards in the
head. Look the boards over for shoddy repairs or burned connectors. LTG :)

"Pinpop" <pinpop02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Group,
> I have a chance at purchasing a HUO MM with 1500 plays on it for 9k.
> Mint game besides some minor scratches on one cabinet side.
> Just wondering if that is about the going rate for a MM of that
> caliber?
> Any advice would be very appreciated.
> Thanks in advance, Al

Here's a neat trick- look under the cabinet near the front. Lots of
dirty, grubby fingerprints? It's not HUO.

Ray Johnson - Action Pinball wrote:
> [...]

Web: www.actionpinball.com

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Look it over. No way of knowing if the 1500 plays is accurate. Check the
> lane behind the castle for wear, look under the playfield and bottom of
the
> cabinet for signs of heavy use or dirt-pop-beer. Should look new all over
> and smell like new wood. Look for paint wear around the coin slots/door
> area. See if all the serial numbers match, cabinet, and all boards in the
> head. Look the boards over for shoddy repairs or burned connectors. LTG :)
>
> "Pinpop" <pinpop02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Group,
> > I have a chance at purchasing a HUO MM with 1500 plays on it for 9k.
> > Mint game besides some minor scratches on one cabinet side.
> > Just wondering if that is about the going rate for a MM of that

Thanks so far for the response to my value question. I should have
mentioned in my first mail that the person that has this pin is a very
respected collector on the group that I have purchased 4-5 pins from in
the past so I know the game is HUO with very low plays, he has no
reason to tell me different. Every game I have bought from him was a
collector game that was just as he stated the game would be when I went
to pick the game(or games) up. I have been out of the pin loop for 2
years & thats why I had the question if a HUO MM is worth 9k. 2 years
ago that would have been "out of this world" for one but it sounds like
thats not out of line in todays market.
Thanks again to all that responded, Al

ldnayman wrote:
> Here's a neat trick- look under the cabinet near the front. Lots of
> dirty, grubby fingerprints? It's not HUO.
>
> Ray Johnson - Action Pinball wrote:
> > I was going to say the same thing as Lloyd- sage advice. No way to really
> > tell if that 1,500 plays is accurate or not- it can always be reset or
> > faked.
> >
> > In addition, look for excessive dust, dirt, smoke, nicotine accumulations on
> > the bottom of playfield and wiring harnesses. Anything that would suggest
> > the game has been in a commercial location or otherwise neglected.
> >
> > HUO is much like a one-owner car. Some are driven to the store once on
> > weekends, and others on a 80-mile commute daily. Always take with a grain
> > of salt.
> >
> > Ray J.
> > --
> > Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
> > Salt Lake City, Utah USA
> > Web: www.actionpinball.com
> >
> > We're serious about pinball. Anything else is just for fun!
> >

> > "Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> > > Look it over. No way of knowing if the 1500 plays is accurate. Check the
> > > lane behind the castle for wear, look under the playfield and bottom of
> > the
> > > cabinet for signs of heavy use or dirt-pop-beer. Should look new all over
> > > and smell like new wood. Look for paint wear around the coin slots/door
> > > area. See if all the serial numbers match, cabinet, and all boards in the
> > > head. Look the boards over for shoddy repairs or burned connectors. LTG :)
> > >
> > > "Pinpop" <pinpop02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Glad you found a good seller. Best wishes with your new MM ! LTG :)

> Thanks so far for the response to my value question. I should have
> mentioned in my first mail that the person that has this pin is a very
> respected collector on the group that I have purchased 4-5 pins from in
> the past so I know the game is HUO with very low plays, he has no
> reason to tell me different. Every game I have bought from him was a
> collector game that was just as he stated the game would be when I went
> to pick the game(or games) up. I have been out of the pin loop for 2
> years & thats why I had the question if a HUO MM is worth 9k. 2 years
> ago that would have been "out of this world" for one but it sounds like
> thats not out of line in todays market.
> Thanks again to all that responded, Al

It sounds like a high price to me, but if the seller is well known, and
considering the general concensus of replies to your original post thus far
is "reasonable price", then it sounds like you are in the "yes"- good to go!

Happy shopping and good luck!

Ray J.