Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 & epson 580 printer

Last response: in Windows 7
October 31, 2012 5:10:00 PM

Can any body tell me why an epson 580 printer will not work in windows 7 please.
Thank you
Julia
a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2012 5:14:52 PM

Have you loaded the drivers for the printer ? Can you give some more info on the situation like did you just upgrade to Windows 7 and you printer was working previouly in the OS that you had? If that's the case then you need to go to the suipport page for Epson and look for your model number and get the drivers for Windows 7.
October 31, 2012 5:23:06 PM

Thank you.. I got new computer with windows 7......went to website & this printer is not compatible with W7 os.... been to epson web site can't find any thing there..... Just wondered if there was a way round this .... or do I have to buy a new up to date printer...as this one is old but the ink is very cheap.

Thank you Julia
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2012 5:32:54 PM

Hi :) 

We used to sell those in my shops...for XP...

Its too old for 7...no drivers...

NEW printer time....

All the best Brett :) 
a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2012 5:33:20 PM

If there are no drivers on the Epson web site or at Microsoft then you have no choice but to get a new printer ince you need drivers to have the printer work with Windows 7.
Some versions of Windows 7 allow you to have Windows XP as a secondary OS that can be accessed in Windows 7. If your Windows 7 is the Professional version or the Ultimate version then you can do it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/install-and...
October 31, 2012 6:05:39 PM

inzone said:
If there are no drivers on the Epson web site or at Microsoft then you have no choice but to get a new printer ince you need drivers to have the printer work with Windows 7.
Some versions of Windows 7 allow you to have Windows XP as a secondary OS that can be accessed in Windows 7. If your Windows 7 is the Professional version or the Ultimate version then you can do it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/install-and...

Thank you....will try xp as a secondary...if not buy I'll buy a new printer.

Julia
October 31, 2012 6:07:57 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

We used to sell those in my shops...for XP...

Its too old for 7...no drivers...

NEW printer time....

All the best Brett :) 

Thanks Bret..... I thought that was the case...but you never know....some one might have known a way around this problem.

Julia
a b $ Windows 7
October 31, 2012 7:41:53 PM

According to Epson' site http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.js..., drivers for Windows Vista **should** be available on the CD supplied with the prnter. You can try these drivers (and support utilities, if any) on Windows 7 32bit (I suppose, Epson means Vista 32bit)

Another option is to install e.g. VirtualBox (get it from Oracle), install XP inside, and install your printer inside the virtual machine, and print from there.
November 1, 2012 7:37:43 AM

Thank you..... I've tried the virtual pc in xp mode... this didn't work also. I'm going to get a new printer today.
Thanks every one for all your hep. :D  :D 

Julia
!