Got sound, but can't record

Hi

I am using XP and 5.1 surround. Can record from internet radio and so forth
no problem.

When I speak into the microphone it comes out nice and clearly. However, I
cannot record. I have checked the mixer recording controls and it says
microphone with the level up nice and high.

Any ideas?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes your player might be on mute lol but have you downloaded any other
player since sometimes it will get confused and if you diden't uncheck the
box after you download(makes as default) your mic will stay with the other
program to rec weird but it happens or if you opened another player that you
have.
So I would check your other players to see where your mic rec.Once you find
it uncheck default or disable your mic in that program.