  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
August 11, 2004 4:20:29 PM

I was wondering why my basestation says that my ip address
is one thing but ipconfig says that it is something else.

More about : dhcp question

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 5:35:52 PM

If it is under DHCP... did you assign a static IP to the
PC? Then, probably the one on the router is the IP
associated with an ancient lease, before you set the
computer to a static IP.

If you change the lease time, it will disappear (or just
wait until the lease expires)

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 5:37:31 PM

Another possibility is that you are looking at the WAN IP
address and the router's LAN IP. The PC IP is assigned
through NAT (like in a PBX phone system) so you can have
many computers (with "fake" local IP's) behind a single
real-world WAN IP.

!