DHCP question

I was wondering why my basestation says that my ip address
is one thing but ipconfig says that it is something else.
2 answers Last reply
More about dhcp question

    If it is under DHCP... did you assign a static IP to the
    PC? Then, probably the one on the router is the IP
    associated with an ancient lease, before you set the
    computer to a static IP.

    If you change the lease time, it will disappear (or just
    wait until the lease expires)

    Another possibility is that you are looking at the WAN IP
    address and the router's LAN IP. The PC IP is assigned
    through NAT (like in a PBX phone system) so you can have
    many computers (with "fake" local IP's) behind a single
    real-world WAN IP.

Routers Hardware DHCP Microsoft IP Address Networking