I have been having installation issues with Directx as well as windows
updates. Regarding Directx, when I attempt in install I get an error message
that states..it has not passed windows logo testing for it's compatability
with windows xp... the file will not be installed.. it then gives me only an
OK button to select. I don't know if there would be any relation to the
windows update failures that I have also been encountering. I also recently
tried to open a file and got the message ..could not find file
notepad.exe...Please help!!

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

re-install service pack of the version that you need there is corrupt files
in your system ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/#kb1 ) (Symptoms)
(when you try to update.........)or Make sure your system can handle the
version of the directx you atre trying to install.