What is Single Play DVD/CD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjcave07

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I was looking at PC Richards website for a DVD player and saw a Toshiba Single Play DVD/CD Player for $20. What exactly is this? If I can play DVD's once or twice a week with no problems, then I think it's a deal. Am I missing something?

G

I think it's just a regular player that only takes CD or DVD (perhaps the Blue Ray machines are regarded as multiplay because they can deal with regular DVDs as well).

Anyway seems ridiculously cheap for a branded product, what have you to lose ?

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
maybe it means the player wont read multi-session discs?

if it means single 'use'
i'd look for some kind of return policy and force them to take it back because they werent clear enough in the description.
you get it and play one or two dvd's and if it doesnt work anymore.. obviously you were dealing with somebody that knew the player was going to break very soon.
hold them responsible for not passing along that knowledge to you clearly.

**edit**
but since you have the option to ask the seller, you should be asking the one who is taking your money if you dont want your money to go down the drain.

G

"i'd look for some kind of return policy and force them to take it back because they werent clear enough in the description.
you get it and play one or two dvd's and if it doesnt work anymore.. obviously you were dealing with somebody that knew the player was going to break very soon.
hold them responsible for not passing along that knowledge to you clearly."

I don't think that analysis makes much sense, given that it's Toshiba being sold by a major chain store.

It occurs to me that single play could also mean it won't play RW rewritable discs -- though I think most modern ones do, earlier models did not.

Anyway, ask the vendor !

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I think it’s improper use of word to describe the product. I've seems to me it only meant Single Tray - it's not multi disc. If the unit can't play RW it would tell you after you both the unit (check the manual).

Status
Not open for further replies.