Don't know if the problem is with XP or what but here are my two problems:

1. The battery in my laptop ran completely down. When I recharged the
battery and started, the computer asked me to login -- the opening screen
now requires me to click on a box marked "Owner" -- previously, it went
straight to boot-up. How do I stop this screen from displaying?

2. When an e-mail message or an article in a newsgroup displays a URL,
previously I could click on the URL, Internet Explorer would open and go to
the URL. Now, when I click on a URL in either e-mail or newsgroup article,
nothing happens. Nothing. How do I fix this?

These two problems do not appear to be related -- they appeared at different
times.

Thanks.

--
----
Joe S.

Maybe try using a restore point dated before your battery died . Owner
?Might look at network settings and allow others to share same network
settings. Run SFC if that doesn't fix your links. (system file checker)
Some good advise: Dont listen to anything I say.