Whirlwind-Displays German

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How do you set it so the display is in English?

This is my biggest basketcase pin I have ever bought, it's runnin' now,
barely, but I can't set anything! No manual. Will take plenty of
'before' pics. Got a weird feeling the pf will clean up very nice.

Thanks for any help you guys may offer.
OldSchool

Hi

this game as far I know has no language adjustment from service
buttons and because it came from Germany the game roms are for
german export version You might try checking the jumpers setting on
MPU board as in manual page 2
those jumpers are for setting the game to boot in english not in
german
but It may be the issue to need the game rom version in english

I will mail You the manual via :http://www.yousendit.com/

Marius

www.pinball.ro

Phil

I dio have a manual and you are welcome to come over and get it to use
for a week or 2 while your getting your game straight. Lemme know if
intrested.

John
jdubbbs

jdubbb at yahoo dotcom

Top Loser is correct....
There are no language settings. You will need U26 and U27. Check out
the Whirlwind owners list ( google for James West if necc.)....He is
quite helpful...

Could you change the language in the setings? You could on my Fire! pin. I
don't offhand remember which adjustment it was, but I could choose from
English, German, Spanish and French.

Chris

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> How do you set it so the display is in English?
>
> This is my biggest basketcase pin I have ever bought, it's runnin' now,
> barely, but I can't set anything! No manual. Will take plenty of
> 'before' pics. Got a weird feeling the pf will clean up very nice.
>
> Thanks for any help you guys may offer.
> OldSchool

John is write check the jumpers first

I have swapped the roms as above to a cyclone it was the same thing
and I have to put W7 on it was cut originaly ( game was from
germany)
after that game boots in english

Marius
www.pinball.ro

Check to see if W7 is installed. It's to the lower right side of the battery
holder. If it's there, the game is jumpered for English as the default
language, if not, it's jumpered for German

This was typically used for Sys 11 and 11a. From my experience, 11b and 11c
just need the game ROMS swapped out at U26. Whirlwind is 11b, so it most
likely needs U26 changed. I've read that b and c might need both the jumper
and the roms, so give it a check.

I'd go ahead and change U26 and U27 though. I've only dumped a few foreign
sys 11 roms and the U27 was always the same as the English ROMS, but just to
be sure, I'd replace them both.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> How do you set it so the display is in English?
>
> This is my biggest basketcase pin I have ever bought, it's runnin' now,
> barely, but I can't set anything! No manual. Will take plenty of
> 'before' pics. Got a weird feeling the pf will clean up very nice.
>
> Thanks for any help you guys may offer.
> OldSchool

You'll need to get English game ROM chips- U26 and U27. We have the latest
versions in stock.

Early System 11 games (High Speed, Grand Lizard, Road Kings) had a jumper
wire you could cut/install to change from German to English, but on later
System 11 games (11A, B, C) it was done by different versions of software-
changing chips U26 and U27.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote in message
> How do you set it so the display is in English?
>
> This is my biggest basketcase pin I have ever bought, it's runnin' now,
> barely, but I can't set anything! No manual. Will take plenty of
> 'before' pics. Got a weird feeling the pf will clean up very nice.
>
> Thanks for any help you guys may offer.
> OldSchool

Please, get the old German roms read by someone and put them in the IPDB.
We can add them to PinMame and get them to play for everyone.
And most handy for our German viewers!

Peter