The Learning Company CD-Rom

Mom

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

I purchased 2 sets of CDs to hopefully enhance my child's
learning base. The programs, each includes 4 CDs each,
are Achieve: writing & language arts and Achieve: Math &
Science. Both are suppose to be windows XP compatible.
Half of the CDs in each package are installable and the
others are not. When inseerting the CDs which will not
install, a message is received "16 bit windows subsytem
C:\winnt\system 32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS & Mircrosoft windows
application. I do not know what this means. I have tried
the incompatible install wizard, but have been
unsuccessful.
I would appreciate any input as to how I should proceed.
Thank you,
Mom

Hi Mom,

You can resolve the error by copying that file from:
C:\WINDOWS\repair to C:\WINDOWS\System32.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms