Scanjet 5200C / Win98 / USB / "could not find your scanner"

Hello,

I have a HP scanjet 5200C for many years that worked fine.
I have Win98, and the scanner is connected to an USB connexion.
I used it regularly with no problem; worked fine 10 days ago. Suddenly that week
when I tried to scan I faced a
"could not find your scanner"
I uninstalled, reinstalled, with the genuine CDs that were suplied with the
scanner. With no improvement.

The electrical supply is OK (when I disconnect, then reconnect the 220VAC, the
scanner lamp lights up. So it is not a problem of fuse.

I am wondering what to check.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Didier
dmaistre2 (at) online (dot) fr

Didier

Have you looked on the HP site. This link may help. It is an HP support
document about the 5200C not responding.:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&tool=product&softwareitem=sj-8527-2&lc=en&product=61254&os=228&dest_page=product&cc=uk&docname=bus03107

Andy