WTB: IJ Cabinet Decals

Prefer IBP, but will consdier RNR also. Please email with asking
price, manufacturer, and condition. Looking to purchase immediately.

I have not been reading the groups lately, so please reply via email.
Thanks
Robb

There was a problem with Lucas Arts coming down hard on Williams as the
license had expired years ago allowing anyone to make them thats why
they have been withdrawn from Sale.

They won't pick up a pen for under US25k for a license for them to be
made we are trying to negotiate with them.

We have the original art and can run these once a license is obtained.

have you been 'running' anything? just curious havent seen any new
products, or any products for that matter!

Our products have been getting stock piled for October, we have been
working on the more hard to get items rather than coil stops etc that
you can get anywhere.

We have spent 200k on new tooling that was either Lost/damaged or not
available.

We have split our time chasing both parts for our games as well as
parts that have not been available for years.

People don't seem to understand most parts Williams assembled
themselves and those seperate parts came from different suppliers, like
a mm drawbridge had 5 different suppliers
1 decals
2 Rod/shaft
3 main bridge
4 flap
5, 2 different rivets

Even a slingshot switch was made up of parts from 4 suppliers.

Many of the suppliers had not made anything for at least 6 years most
10 years, some are no longer in business, many tossed the drawings or
films/art or tooling, luckily we have all the drawings and most of the
art on disc, but even art Williams didn't start using computers for art
until 1995? Very Old Macs at that, and the art we heaps of versions of
the same art, we can even tell you TOM was going to be David
Copperfield because we have all the art, the Playboy after Wizard
blocks was Dreadmoor Manor,

All our parts will be available from the Pinball.com site factory
direct to the public, distributors will still carry parts but most
distributors these days order parts as they need them, we are trying to
streamline the system, everything available will be on the site and
distributors will order online just like the public but will have a
distributor price built into their account. We waste most of our time
sorting through lists of parts we don't have where if it is not on the
website they can add it to a parts wanted database. We will check the
database weekly and chase the parts needed.

People don't really know my full backround but I did manage a Consumer
Electronics Company with a large inventory and was one of the companies
top sales stores and hold a degree in Management, but as most will say
time will tell.

wait a minute

that was the first informative post we have gotten from Wayne

Thank you Wayne ...

more information please

gary

That is great news. Finally there will be someone that understands how
to run a business with control of the parts. The bottle neck that
Illinois Pinball has created has a lot to do with the poor business
practices they use. Your decision to make parts available direct via
the web plus give the distributors room to make some money gives
consumers a choice. Now, many people that are in need of parts are
forced to deal with companies that provide horrible service. I would
rather pay more from you direct and get the parts. I will continue to
buy from local distributors that provide good service when I can.

sales@mrpinball.com.au wrote:
> Our products have been getting stock piled for October, we have been
> working on the more hard to get items rather than coil stops etc that
> you can get anywhere.
>
> We have spent 200k on new tooling that was either Lost/damaged or not
> available.
>
> We have split our time chasing both parts for our games as well as
> parts that have not been available for years.
>
> People don't seem to understand most parts Williams assembled
> themselves and those seperate parts came from different suppliers, like
> a mm drawbridge had 5 different suppliers
> 1 decals
> 2 Rod/shaft
> 3 main bridge
> 4 flap
> 5, 2 different rivets
>
> Even a slingshot switch was made up of parts from 4 suppliers.
>
> Many of the suppliers had not made anything for at least 6 years most
> 10 years, some are no longer in business, many tossed the drawings or
> films/art or tooling, luckily we have all the drawings and most of the
> art on disc, but even art Williams didn't start using computers for art
> until 1995? Very Old Macs at that, and the art we heaps of versions of
> the same art, we can even tell you TOM was going to be David
> Copperfield because we have all the art, the Playboy after Wizard
> blocks was Dreadmoor Manor,
>
> All our parts will be available from the Pinball.com site factory
> direct to the public, distributors will still carry parts but most
> distributors these days order parts as they need them, we are trying to
> streamline the system, everything available will be on the site and
> distributors will order online just like the public but will have a
> distributor price built into their account. We waste most of our time
> sorting through lists of parts we don't have where if it is not on the
> website they can add it to a parts wanted database. We will check the
> database weekly and chase the parts needed.
>
> People don't really know my full backround but I did manage a Consumer
> Electronics Company with a large inventory and was one of the companies
> top sales stores and hold a degree in Management, but as most will say
> time will tell.

I thought my idea of selling direct was a "bad one"?

All pinball stuff should be sold direct to the public

Distributors are useless to us

GREAT MOVE by Wayne ...

gary

On 9 Jul 2005 07:49:40 -0700, sales@mrpinball.com.au wrote:

>There was a problem with Lucas Arts coming down hard on Williams as the
>license had expired years ago allowing anyone to make them thats why
>they have been withdrawn from Sale.
>
>They won't pick up a pen for under US25k for a license for them to be
>made we are trying to negotiate with them.
>
>We have the original art and can run these once a license is obtained.

I understand they are no longer being repo'd, that's why I asked for a
set on here. I was hoping someone had some squirreled away and they
would sell me a set.

What was the point of your reply, other than to advertise a product
you are not yet making? How far away are you?